Christmas on the Coast
Make merry at Christmas on the Coast
A merry wonderland of fun and excitement awaits children at the five-day Christmas on the Coast event at Cleveland’s Raby Bay Harbour Park from Wednesday 15 December.
Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said youngsters of all ages would be treated to a sensory smorgasbord of free rides, activities and attractions at the city’s big Christmas celebration.
“There will be a toboggan ride on synthetic ice – not something you usually find in a Queensland summer – as well as a stunning high-flying carousel, baby animals for the little ones and fun inflatables where the kids can burn off plenty of energy,” she said.
“Along with Christmas carols and lighting of the city’s Christmas tree, the event will also feature a special children’s pantomime show each afternoon presented by local musical theatre training group ROCKIT Productions and roving characters happy to provide a photo opportunity.
“You’ll be able to watch family Christmas movies in the park, fuel up at the food trucks and browse among market stalls.
“It’s a small way Redland City Council can thank you all, put the challenges of the year behind us, support our local traders and get everyone in the holiday spirit.”
The attractions include:
- A 25m toboggan slide on synthetic ice. It’s open to anyone who can carry the provided tube (small children can ride with an adult).
- An exhilarating Flying Carousel (riders need to be at least 110cm).
- Animal Farm petting zoo, including ducklings, chicks, lambs and other baby animals.
- Redland Library Kid’s Zone with craft activities and story time.
- A giant inflatable obstacle course plus a jumping castle just for children under 5 years.
- Meet and greet with Santa, with free photos available.
- Lighting of the city’s Christmas tree around 6.30pm each night.
- Roving characters that you can meet and get a photo with, including Rudolph, cheeky elves, illuminated angels on stilts and roller-skating candy canes.
- Market stalls offering Christmas gifts.
“There will be plenty of food, drinks, ice-creams and sweets with pass-outs available so you can also head to your favourite local restaurant and, of course, live stage entertainment featuring your favourite Christmas carols,” Cr Williams said.
“Internationally acclaimed soprano Mirusia and swing/jazz sensation Craig Martin will headline a production featuring some of Redlands Coast’s best musical talent.
“Mirusia will be performing from Wednesday to Saturday, with Craig on each night and Craig’s swing band from Thursday to Sunday.”
Christmas on the Coast is a ticketed event and bookings are essential.
Tickets, which are $5 per person with 12 years and under free, will also entitle the holder to free train travel to the event, with proceeds from ticket sales going towards helping local causes such as domestic and family violence support services.
When: 4.30pm–9pm, Wednesday 15 to Sunday 19 December 2021.
Where: Raby Bay Harbour Park, Shore Street West, Cleveland.
Tickets: $5 (12 years and under free), includes free train travel to the event.
Info and program: redland.qld.gov.au/Christmas.