Karen Williams and Cr Mark Edwards video on the water crisis I was due to be interviewed by Steve Austin from ABC radio this afternoon at 4pm. I posted to facebook to garner some feedback re council’s performance. I was also curious as to (seemingly) no messages from Federal member […] Continue reading
WATER WATER EVERYWHERE – BUT IS IT SAFE TO DRINK? Apparently not. Lance Hewlett shared a link. 20 mins Water being restored to Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra islands throughout today The State Government’s Seqwater has advised water supply is progressively being restored to Karragarra, Macleay and Lamb islands throughout today, following an […] Continue reading
NIGHT WORKS IN FULL SWING Kim Richards, our local MP visited the site of the broken water main tonight. She kindly allowed me to put it up on my site. Commentary by Kim pretty much says it all. JUST IN: 22 October 2018 (8pm) Water outage and boil water […] Continue reading
WATER WORKS – NOT New update re water collection .. 1.51pm One of the pick-up points for bottled water has changed. The Macleay Island pick up point is now: Macleay Island Rural Fire Brigade Station, 276 Central High Road. We would really appreciate it if you could update any information […] Continue reading
Fish Habitat Map Competition Submit your fishing spot for a chance to win a Viking Kayaks Australia Profish 35 Fishing Kayak package worth $999. Go to hlw.org.au/fishhabitatmap to register where you like to fish and what species you find there and fill out your details in the registration form to […] Continue reading
Lets celebrate what island young people are made of at our kids only talent quest on Macleay! Magic, telling jokes and stories, acting, circus acts, music and dancing are all welcome not to mention that other awesome talent you’ve been learning on the sly… Get your mates together and […] Continue reading
Story courtesy of Simon Hamlet , Thanks also to Clem Ebber’s posting in the SBMI Infrastructure Facebook group, alerting it to the Editor. Cambus Wallace, the ship that broke an island – 1894 A recent school excursion to Stradbroke Island under the guidance of the great team at the Jacob’s Well Environmental […] Continue reading
Running Wild- Youth Conservation Culture Zero Tolerance Xone – Mindful Movement Arts If you like fitness and fun, join Jed and the crew to have a go. This workshop based session focuses on controlled body movement involved in the discipline of many martial arts. ZTX MMA promotes the practice of […] Continue reading
Snag your barbeque prize pack for Neighbour Day Redland City Council is encouraging Redland residents to connect with their neighbours by offering barbeque prize packs to go towards Neighbour Day gatherings this month. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that Neighbour Day was Australia’s annual celebration of community, […] Continue reading
Get on board a Driverless bus This Sunday Redlands residents can literally get on board and experience the future of urban transport when the EasyMile EZ10 electric driverless bus hits Middle Street for this Sunday’s Cleveland Markets. Redland City Mayor, Karen Williams said that autonomous buses have the potential to […] Continue reading
Redlands clean-up still taking place Redland City Council employed extra contract crews to assist with a massive clean-up after receiving 470 requests for the removal of tree and other storm debris from last weekend’s big storm. This is in addition to hundreds of other incidents of debris which fell within […] Continue reading
Local health and fitness providers needed for next term of Redlands Healthy and Active Program Redland City Council has opened the Expression of Interest (EOI) process for local fitness providers who wish to be considered for the next term of activities in the Redlands Healthy and Active Program. […] Continue reading
- Divers encounter gigantic great white shark off Hawaii 18th January 2019A whale carcass draws a shark nearly 6 metres long and weighing in at 2.5 tonnes to a Hawaiian island, allowing divers to swim beside the predator and capture stunning photographs.
- Live: Australia takes on India in third ODI at the MCG 18th January 2019Australia is looking to claim its first ODI series victory in two years in the third and final clash with India at the MCG. Follow all the action in our live ScoreCentre.
- Mum wins 431km hill-running race in record time while expressing breast milk 18th January 2019British ultra runner Jasmin Paris becomes the first woman to win the 431-kilometre Montane Spine Race — all while expressing breast milk for her daughter at checkpoints along the way.
- Barty's Australian Open campaign gathers momentum with third-round victory 18th January 2019Ashleigh Barty wins again, putting aside an injury concern to make the Australian Open fourth round for the first time in her blossoming career.Luke Pentony
- Only 4pc of aged care providers have handed information to royal commission, inquiry hears 18th January 2019Out of almost 2,000 Australian aged care providers invited to shed light on the sector ahead of the royal commission into elder abuse, only 83 have been forthcoming with information, the inquiry hears in Adelaide.Candice Prosser
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.