MISSING GIRL – REDLAND BAY Police are seeking assistance to help locate a girl reported missing from Redland Bay. The 14-year-old was last seen on April 28 at an address on Hamilton Street around midday but hasn’t made contact with anyone since. Concerns are held for her welfare due […] Continue reading
STABBING VICTIM IDENTIFIED The victim has been identified as John Windle, 41. The man’s Aunt, who lived opposite on High Central Road said, according to The Advertiser, and Adelaide paper, he would be sorely missed. The full story, with pictures may be read on The Advertiser’s website HERE .Continue reading
Homicide investigation, Macleay Island From Qld Police Media. Police have commenced investigations into the death of a man on Macleay Island this afternoon. Initial investigations indicate shortly after 12pm officers were called to an address on High Central Road with reports of a man being stabbed. When officers arrived the […] Continue reading
Councillors elect a new Deputy Mayor Councillors elected Cr Lance Hewlett as Redland City’s new Deputy Mayor at the General Meeting this week. Redland City Mayor, Karen Williams congratulated Cr Hewlett on his appointment. “I look forward to building on and strengthening the leadership legacy delivered in partnership with […] Continue reading
14 December 2017 Redlands Healthy & Active Program … coming to a park near you! Keep your eye out for Council’s upcoming physical activity program set to hit parks across the Redlands in the new year. Catering for residents aged 5 to 65+ years, the Redlands Healthy & Active Program […] Continue reading
Jetty jumping a leap of faith An incident involving a man leaping from the Coochiemudlo Island Jetty in recent months has sparked warnings that serious injuries can result. As the man jumped he hit the dock, dislocated his shoulder and was pulled unconscious from the water by local Surf Lifesaver […] Continue reading
Rebecca Gibney, Russell Crowe, Keith Urban. All Kiwis But we lay claim to them anyway (and Phar Lap too)! Redlands beach tops SLSQ best list North Stradbroke Island’s Cylinder Beach has topped this year’s list of best beaches released by Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) to mark the start of summer. The […] Continue reading
Dr Carl Rotkirch Dr Rotkirch is an Australian citizen born in Finland, completing his Primary and Secondary Medical Degrees in Switzerland. He trained in Finland, Sweden and Australia across all medical disciplines. Musculoskeletal medicine and Orthopedic Surgery in Finland, Australia, New Zealand and United Arab Emirates. His areas of Special […] Continue reading
Redlands clean-up still taking place Redland City Council employed extra contract crews to assist with a massive clean-up after receiving 470 requests for the removal of tree and other storm debris from last weekend’s big storm. This is in addition to hundreds of other incidents of debris which fell within […] Continue reading
Local health and fitness providers needed for next term of Redlands Healthy and Active Program Redland City Council has opened the Expression of Interest (EOI) process for local fitness providers who wish to be considered for the next term of activities in the Redlands Healthy and Active Program. […] Continue reading
Mayor seeks a share of $220M Mobile Black Spot funding Redland City Mayor Karen Williams has visited the Federal Government to lobby for improved mobile phone service as part of the Australian Government’s $220M black spot funding program. Cr Williams said Council had been lobbying the Federal Government for […] Continue reading
As the saying goes – a picture tells a thousand words. I was heading to the PA hospital this morning (the car wouldn’t start though), so I had time to snap this image in the ex spoil pit parking area. My question is simple, why is this a “no parking” […] Continue reading
- Last-gasp equaliser sees Socceroos escape with draw against South Korea 17th November 2018The Socceroos escape with a 1-1 draw against South Korea after Massimo Luongo's scrappy equaliser in the dying seconds in a wet Brisbane.
- Australia limps to defeat in shortened Twenty20 against Proteas 17th November 2018In a rain-hit match shortened to 10 overs each, Australia falls apart in its chase against the big-hitting Proteas on the Gold Coast.
- Socceroos escape with draw against South Korea, as it happened 17th November 2018Look back at how the action unfolded as Australia equalised in the dying seconds against South Korea in Brisbane.
- Argentine submarine missing for one year found deep in Atlantic 17th November 2018Argentina's navy says searchers deep in the Atlantic have found the missing submarine ARA San Juan, which disappeared with 44 crewmen aboard almost a year ago to the date.
- 'The forgotten': Japanese PM Shinzo Abe pays tribute to submarine crew killed in World War II 17th November 2018Shinzo Abe pays tribute to 80 Japanese soldiers killed off the coast of Darwin during World War II, in a move descendants and historians alike hope will see their story enter mainstream consciousness.Bridget Judd
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.