Macleay car park changes delayed Due to unseasonable heavy rain the changeover to the new carpark has been delayed. I shot off an enquiry to council and received this reply: “Dear Tim, I understand while I was out you called about the parking change over. Good question and […] Continue reading
And now the ‘Official’ press release re Weinam Wreckers Council urges the community to join in the fight against vandalism Redland City Mayor Karen Williams has written to the Police Minister the Hon Mark Ryan MP requesting local police prioritise monitoring around the Weinam Creek area following a spate […] Continue reading
Vehicle Vandalism Picture courtesy Michael Patzold via Facebook Media Inquiry – Bay Island News – vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks I’m looking for a statement from Council re the recent ridiculous situation about the vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks. If you could either supply […] Continue reading
STAR Information SessionsContinue reading
Bay Islands Community Services Inc – sailing lessons We would like to invite you aboard our sailing vessel NEREIDES for an introductory sailing lesson– Cost $5 Each Lesson NEREIDES is a Hood 23 an excellent sail boat for sail training. Duration approx. 4hrs Each Lesson (Sat or Sun some week […] Continue reading
Robyn from Macleay Island Pharmacy is leaving tomorrow after 10 years service. Thank you Robyn. Here is a very short audio interview I did today. I have got to get a better recording device! Turn the volume UP… RobynContinue reading
Fish Habitat Map Competition Submit your fishing spot for a chance to win a Viking Kayaks Australia Profish 35 Fishing Kayak package worth $999. Go to hlw.org.au/fishhabitatmap to register where you like to fish and what species you find there and fill out your details in the registration form to […] Continue reading
Lets celebrate what island young people are made of at our kids only talent quest on Macleay! Magic, telling jokes and stories, acting, circus acts, music and dancing are all welcome not to mention that other awesome talent you’ve been learning on the sly… Get your mates together and […] Continue reading
Entries open for the 2018 Redland Art Awards Entries are now open for the prestigious Redland Art Awards, a contemporary biennial painting competition open to all Australian artists and presented by Redland Art Gallery which just last month celebrated its 15th anniversary . Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said […] Continue reading
Donovan headlines Cleveland’s Queen’s Baton party Acclaimed songstress will headline a free community celebration in Cleveland to welcome the Queen’s Baton to the Redlands on Easter Saturday, 31 March. The Australian Idol winner and Indigenous actress will be part of a top-class show that will also include the Fergies, the […] Continue reading
Project Tote exhibition – for the love of the Redlands Redland Art Gallery, Capalaba will soon be toting a new exhibition with a local flavour that is sure to delight. Project Tote – opening on Saturday 24 March and inspired by the art gallery volunteers’ love of the Redlands […] Continue reading
Register now for Redlands Amazing Race Celebrate the start of Redlands Youth Week (8-14 April) by taking part in the Redlands Amazing Race, organised by Redland City Council and supported by Sirromet and Capalaba Central Shopping Centre. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that residents should race to Council’s website […] Continue reading
- Last-gasp equaliser sees Socceroos escape with draw against South Korea 17th November 2018The Socceroos escape with a 1-1 draw against South Korea after Massimo Luongo's scrappy equaliser in the dying seconds in a wet Brisbane.
- Australia limps to defeat in shortened Twenty20 against Proteas 17th November 2018In a rain-hit match shortened to 10 overs each, Australia falls apart in its chase against the big-hitting Proteas on the Gold Coast.
- Socceroos escape with draw against South Korea, as it happened 17th November 2018Look back at how the action unfolded as Australia equalised in the dying seconds against South Korea in Brisbane.
- Argentine submarine missing for one year found deep in Atlantic 17th November 2018Argentina's navy says searchers deep in the Atlantic have found the missing submarine ARA San Juan, which disappeared with 44 crewmen aboard almost a year ago to the date.
- 'The forgotten': Japanese PM Shinzo Abe pays tribute to submarine crew killed in World War II 17th November 2018Shinzo Abe pays tribute to 80 Japanese soldiers killed off the coast of Darwin during World War II, in a move descendants and historians alike hope will see their story enter mainstream consciousness.Bridget Judd
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.