Full state funding required for $26million SMBI marine infrastructure Redland City Council has called for full state funding to upgrade the Southern Moreton Bay Island ferry terminals to provide a safer more reliable service to residents. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said public transport was operated and funded by […] Continue reading
Walker Group’s Weinam Creek proposal will not proceed Redland City Council has announced that in conjunction with Walker Group, a decision has been made not to proceed with Walker Group’s Weinam Creek Priority Development Area project proposal. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council would instead take on […] Continue reading
New draft Waste Management Local Law open for consultation – repealed State legislation Redland City Council will commence community consultation on the new draft Local Law No. 8 (Waste Management) 2018 after the State Government’s decision to pass responsibility back to Councils from 1 July 2018. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams […] Continue reading
MISSING GIRL – REDLAND BAY Police are seeking assistance to help locate a girl reported missing from Redland Bay. The 14-year-old was last seen on April 28 at an address on Hamilton Street around midday but hasn’t made contact with anyone since. Concerns are held for her welfare due […] Continue reading
A cautionary tale of thanks… Ok, I know I can make mistakes, we all do; being mere humans – it is our condition. Last night I made a whopper. In the dead of nigh at about midnight, I took my usual 1/2 tablet of Valium (Diazapan). Usually enough to send […] Continue reading
Bay Islands Community Services Inc – sailing lessons We would like to invite you aboard our sailing vessel NEREIDES for an introductory sailing lesson– Cost $5 Each Lesson NEREIDES is a Hood 23 an excellent sail boat for sail training. Duration approx. 4hrs Each Lesson (Sat or Sun some week […] Continue reading
Robyn from Macleay Island Pharmacy is leaving tomorrow after 10 years service. Thank you Robyn. Here is a very short audio interview I did today. I have got to get a better recording device! Turn the volume UP… RobynContinue reading
Fish Habitat Map Competition Submit your fishing spot for a chance to win a Viking Kayaks Australia Profish 35 Fishing Kayak package worth $999. Go to hlw.org.au/fishhabitatmap to register where you like to fish and what species you find there and fill out your details in the registration form to […] Continue reading
Entries open for the 2018 Redland Art Awards Entries are now open for the prestigious Redland Art Awards, a contemporary biennial painting competition open to all Australian artists and presented by Redland Art Gallery which just last month celebrated its 15th anniversary . Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said […] Continue reading
Donovan headlines Cleveland’s Queen’s Baton party Acclaimed songstress will headline a free community celebration in Cleveland to welcome the Queen’s Baton to the Redlands on Easter Saturday, 31 March. The Australian Idol winner and Indigenous actress will be part of a top-class show that will also include the Fergies, the […] Continue reading
Project Tote exhibition – for the love of the Redlands Redland Art Gallery, Capalaba will soon be toting a new exhibition with a local flavour that is sure to delight. Project Tote – opening on Saturday 24 March and inspired by the art gallery volunteers’ love of the Redlands […] Continue reading
Register now for Redlands Amazing Race Celebrate the start of Redlands Youth Week (8-14 April) by taking part in the Redlands Amazing Race, organised by Redland City Council and supported by Sirromet and Capalaba Central Shopping Centre. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that residents should race to Council’s website […] Continue reading
- New Delhi half-marathon tries radio waves to beat smog 21st October 2018Organisers of New Delhi's half-marathon race have used ultra high frequency radio waves to dispel pollution from a particulate that lodges deep in the lungs and damages the respiratory system.
- Detroit police find 63 foetuses in funeral home 21st October 2018Police remove the remains of 63 foetuses from a Detroit funeral home and regulators shutter the business amid a widening investigation of alleged improprieties at local funeral homes.
- Meghan Markle pulls out of official engagements on Fraser Island 21st October 2018The pregnant Duchess of Sussex will not take part in official engagements during the Royal couple's visit to Fraser Island on Monday, Kensington Palace announces.
- Non-lethal SMART drum line plan released for WA's South West 21st October 2018Ten non-lethal SMART drum lines will be set in the ocean along an 11.5-kilometre stretch of coastline around the South West town of Gracetown in an attempt to prevent shark attacks.
- Which Saudi official is going to tell the Crown Prince that he's wrong? 21st October 2018Saudi Arabia's self-serving admission over the death of Jamal Khashoggi is calculated to get the United States off its back and end the damaging coverage about Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. But this new falsehood is another misstep by the Crown Prince, Adam Harvey writes.Adam Harvey
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.