Telstra outage saga continues – Good News! Well, as I previously reported, Telstra have come good on their promise, being election time, one hopes the political wannabe’s are as reliable. I received it today, by courier a day AHEAD if when I was told I would receive it. […] Continue reading
Samsung Galaxy phone FREE from Telstra Once (or twice) again, our landlines on Macleay Island are not working. And again I am on the phone (pun intended) to Telstra for compensation and an explanation. The explanation is that it is a ‘network’ issue. Paradoxically this is actually good news. […] Continue reading
Telstra does it again for Macleay Island Thanks a lot! The last time was in the 16th of last month. Here we go again.. Same advice as last time, call 13 22 00 and try for complaints. Tech support will have you crawling around on the floor looking for […] Continue reading
Coffee with a cop at Fresh on Bayview Coffees galore on Russell Island for Domestic and Family Violence prevention Acting Sergeant Brendon Winslow on May 3, 2019 @ 11:21am On Wednesday, May 1, a cohort of police including the likes of Acting Chief Superintendent Virginia Nelson, Superintendent Michael Niland […] Continue reading
Quandamooka Coast Claim By Lindsay Hackett A letter to Council To Whom It May Concern, I have attached for your information a copy of my latest letter to Council about the subject Claim. Use any of the information as you wish, provided only that you do so to support my […] Continue reading
Invitation to SMBI Community Wellbeing Meetings All welcome: Please send this invitation to everyone on Russell, Macleay, Lamb, Karragarra and Perulpa Islands Six workshops have been called in the lead up to a SMBI whole-of-government roundtable meeting in September 2018. These workshops aim to enable community members and […] Continue reading
I got a call from an Indian Telstra scammer The lengths the guy goes to are just sooo stupid it is bloody hilarious. More than 10 minutes in he finally gets the message when I have to say ‘repeat after me’ LOL This is the MP4 Here is the link […] Continue reading
WATCH A SCAMMER IN ACTION! LEARN HOW TO AVOID THOSE ANNOYING CALLERS MORE CITIZEN JOURNALISM You know, sometimes (not often enough) it’s a real pleasure running this site. Now I get the opportunity to warn you and actually see how they try to scam a lady. Many thanks to Kevin […] Continue reading
It’s never too late to learn to read or write! You can close the book on any notions of Redland Libraries being stuffy, dark, book depositories, thanks to their increasing range of engaging programs and events that provide a variety of learning opportunities for people of all ages. Redland City […] Continue reading
Exchange trees for weeds at August community event August 2, 2018 Redlands Coast homeowners are up for free native trees in August as IndigiScapes urges residents to become biosecurity-aware and rid their properties of invasive pests. Redland City Mayor, Karen Williams said whether you’re on the islands or the mainland, […] Continue reading
Security camera policy uses the power of partnerships Redland City Council will work with the Queensland Police and key State Government agencies to implement a new security camera policy adopted at Council’s General Meeting. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said a key part of the new policy was entering […] Continue reading
New Redland City Plan adopted Council today adopted a new Redland City Plan and agreed to expedite a potential amendment to further strengthen minimum lots sizes of 400m2 in established residential neighbourhoods. The new plan will come into effect on 8 October 2018. Mayor Karen Williams said now that […] Continue reading
- Buddy confirms he will play to age 36 on eve of 300th game 22nd August 2019After a frustrating year of injuries superstar Sydney Swans forward Lance Franklin gears up for his 300th game on Saturday, predicting he will fulfil the final three years of his monster $10 million contract with the club.Chloe Hart
- Rundle Mall stabber sentenced for almost deadly 'unprovoked attack' 22nd August 2019A man who stabbed two strangers in Rundle Mall in a violent and unprovoked attack, that left one of the victims fighting for life, has been sentenced to eight years in prison.Rebecca Opie
- Missing woman's former lover denies being angry with her, murder trial told 22nd August 2019Speaking from the United States via video link, Novy Chardon's former lover tells a Supreme Court murder trial he was not angry with her after they broke up in 2012.Ellie Sibson
- Deputy PM apologises for climate comments on Pacific workers who 'pick our fruit' 22nd August 2019Nationals leader Michael McCormack says he is sorry for comments about Pacific Islanders being able to survive the ravages of climate change by taking fruit-picking jobs in Australia.Matthew Doran
- Archbishop says he believes George Pell when he says he is innocent 22nd August 2019Melbourne Archbishop Peter Comensoli says he continues to believe George Pell is innocent of child sexual abuse, suggesting the jailed Cardinal is in fact a victim of mistaken identity.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.