North Stradbroke Island fire update – Friday 7 December North Stradbroke Island residents may notice fire appliances leaving the island this afternoon. This follows overnight patrols to ensure any hotspots/flare ups within the burnt out area of the recent fire were extinguished. The reins have now been handed over […] Continue reading
North Stradbroke Island Fire Update 12.00pm Thursday 6 December 2018 Overnight crews continued to extinguish residual hot spots and were able to report the fire intensity is low. Patrols and monitoring will be ongoing as the fire will continue to smoulder in the south-eastern end of the swamp over the […] Continue reading
North Stradbroke Island fire update 1.45pm Wednesday 5 December With heavy rain and decreased fire activity the Local Disaster Coordination Centre (LDCC) will close at 7pm tonight. A Disaster Planning and Operations team will continue to monitor the situation on North Stradbroke Island from Redland City Council offices. The Community […] Continue reading
STRADDIE FIRE UPDATE as at Monday 3 December at 1.15pm There has been good progress with fire fighting efforts on North Stradbroke Island, however the fire is still burning. Two air drops of 11,000 litres of fire fighting foam have assisted in supressing an area of fire travelling west. The […] Continue reading
Invitation to SMBI Community Wellbeing Meetings All welcome: Please send this invitation to everyone on Russell, Macleay, Lamb, Karragarra and Perulpa Islands Six workshops have been called in the lead up to a SMBI whole-of-government roundtable meeting in September 2018. These workshops aim to enable community members and […] Continue reading
I got a call from an Indian Telstra scammer The lengths the guy goes to are just sooo stupid it is bloody hilarious. More than 10 minutes in he finally gets the message when I have to say ‘repeat after me’ LOL This is the MP4 Here is the link […] Continue reading
WATCH A SCAMMER IN ACTION! LEARN HOW TO AVOID THOSE ANNOYING CALLERS MORE CITIZEN JOURNALISM You know, sometimes (not often enough) it’s a real pleasure running this site. Now I get the opportunity to warn you and actually see how they try to scam a lady. Many thanks to Kevin […] Continue reading
Fern Terrace Russell Island Conservation Area Burn Off Tim, Thought you would like some photos of the burn off on Russell island today. The Redlands council is doing a planned burn to drop the vegetation in the area which I have been asking for, for three years. Finally they are […] Continue reading
What a load of rubbish! Redland City Council today approved a submission in response to the State Government’s Waste Directions Paper currently open for public consultation. Mayor Karen Williams said that while Council supported the key principles of the new State Government strategy – underpinned by a waste disposal […] Continue reading
Help Mayor Williams help the homeless Redland City Mayor Karen Williams is appealing to all Redlanders to join her in helping the homeless as she again participates in the annual Vinnies CEO Sleepout. Cr Williams will swap her comfy bed for a piece of cardboard on the evening […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast – a brand new identity The Redlands is set to emerge with an exciting new identity after Council today agreed to endorse a place brand for the city, following consultation with almost 5,000 locals, business owners and visitors. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the place brand […] Continue reading
State urged to fulfill Redland island ramp pledge Redland City Council has urged the State Government to urgently fulfill its pledge to investigate building a new boat ramp at Russell Island’s Rocky Point. It follows petitions to both Council and the State Government from island residents asking for […] Continue reading
- MAGA teen sues Washington Post for 'falsely accusing' him of racist acts 20th February 2019High school student Nick Sandmann, 16, is seeking $349 million in damages — the amount Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos paid for the Washington Post — over defamation claims.
- Three of May's Conservatives are leaving to join fellow Labour defectors in an independent group 20th February 2019The pro-EU politicians quitting the party describe Prime Minister Theresa May's handling of Brexit as "disastrous", and will join eight MPs from who left the opposition Labour Party to form a new centrist group.
- Meghan Markle broke Royal protocol with New York baby shower. Or did she? 20th February 2019With weeks to go until she gives birth, Meghan is in New York for her baby shower. If the tabloid press is to be believed, the Duchess of Sussex is breaking Royal rules by doing so.Yasmin Jeffery
- India's vigilante cow protectors are reportedly killing dozens of people 20th February 2019At least 44 people were killed and hundreds injured in what are being described as "mob lynchings" by Hindu nationalists that target minorities — and largely go unpunished due to the support of law enforcement.
- Glencore moves to cap global coal output after investor pressure on climate change 20th February 2019The Swiss-based resources giant and Australia's largest coal miner says it will freeze coal production at current levels.Nassim Khadem
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.