Water reconnected Burst water main at Karragarra Island: latest update 12 May at 11.30am May 12, 2019 11:30am Sunday 12 May 2019 Water restored to Karragarra, Macleay and Lamb Islands Water supply is back on at Karragarra, Macleay and Lamb Islands. Water pressure will build as pipes fill. Seqwater advises […] Continue reading
Water is being turned off to all except Russell Island FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 11 May 2019 Water shutdown begins for Karragarra Island pipe repair Water supply to Lamb, Macleay and Karragarra Islands has been temporarily stopped so that a burst water main can be safely repaired. Some […] Continue reading
Urgent public appeal missing 16yo boy, Redland Bay Wynnum police are appealing for urgent public assistance to help locate a 16-year-old boy missing from Redland Bay since Friday, May 10. The boy has a medical condition requiring daily medication and it is unknown if he has this with him. […] Continue reading
Watermain burst again on Karragarra Water, water everywhere.. It’s happened again. Seems that this time the Seqwater people may be going to replace the offending section, rather than patch it like last time. I have somebody who will be reporting to me with some pictures soon, which I’ll pass […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast to mark Centenary of Armistice Remembrance Day this year marks the 100th Anniversary of Armistice – the end of World War I. Redland Mayor Karen Williams encouraged the Redlands Coast community to take time on Sunday 11 November to remember Australia’s brave servicemen and women who went into […] Continue reading
MEGS PRESENTS A MUSICAL ODYSSEY Saturday 20th October Doors open 7pm for 7:30pm start… We are excited to invite you to a Macleay Island special event. 🎵🎵A MUSICAL ODYSSEY🎵🎵 This time we are bringing some of the most talented islanders together for one night to perform their own original […] Continue reading
FREE FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT Produced by Macleay Lions Club FERDINAND FREE FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT BRING YOUR BLANKET Produced by Macleay Lions Club Directed by Darrell (The Flying Scotsman) FREE FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT At the Macleay Island Primary School Saturday 20th October at dusk (about 6.00pm) Bring the Family and make a night […] Continue reading
SMBI Sector Workshop: Economic Development and Social Enterprises Tuesday 4th September at the Macleay Community Hall DESCRIPTION In response to the 23 April stabbing death on Macleay Island, the President of the Macleay Island Progress Association wrote to Cr Mark Edwards, Kim Richards MP and Andrew Laming MP seeking […] Continue reading
Upsize your bin for Recycling Week and save money To celebrate National Recycling Week (12 to 18 November), Redland City Council is offering a special deal on upsizing household recycling bins. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council was waiving the one-off bin establishment fee when households upgraded from a […] Continue reading
Youth Adventure Day heads to Thornlands Thornlands will be the place to be on Saturday 17 November 2018 when it hosts Redlands Coast’s latest Youth Day Out. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the free Youth Adventure Day, from 11am-3pm at William Stewart Park, Thornlands was the latest in a […] Continue reading
Redlands Economic Development Advisory Board welcomes transport and planning expert The newest member of Redlands Economic Development Advisory Board (REDAB) is set to share his extensive experience in transport and planning with Redlands Coast. Warren Rowe was instrumental in developing the light rail project that has improved connectivity and bolstered […] Continue reading
New bespoke Redlands Coast canoe and kayak pontoon now open Redland City Council has completed a new purpose built canoe and kayak launching pontoon at Raby Bay Esplanade Park, Ormiston. Redland City Mayor, Cr Karen Williams said the $600,000 pontoon construction project, opened today with the removal of bunting, […] Continue reading
- Buddy confirms he will play to age 36 on eve of 300th game 22nd August 2019After a frustrating year of injuries superstar Sydney Swans forward Lance Franklin gears up for his 300th game on Saturday, predicting he will fulfil the final three years of his monster $10 million contract with the club.Chloe Hart
- Rundle Mall stabber sentenced for almost deadly 'unprovoked attack' 22nd August 2019A man who stabbed two strangers in Rundle Mall in a violent and unprovoked attack, that left one of the victims fighting for life, has been sentenced to eight years in prison.Rebecca Opie
- Missing woman's former lover denies being angry with her, murder trial told 22nd August 2019Speaking from the United States via video link, Novy Chardon's former lover tells a Supreme Court murder trial he was not angry with her after they broke up in 2012.Ellie Sibson
- Deputy PM apologises for climate comments on Pacific workers who 'pick our fruit' 22nd August 2019Nationals leader Michael McCormack says he is sorry for comments about Pacific Islanders being able to survive the ravages of climate change by taking fruit-picking jobs in Australia.Matthew Doran
- Archbishop says he believes George Pell when he says he is innocent 22nd August 2019Melbourne Archbishop Peter Comensoli says he continues to believe George Pell is innocent of child sexual abuse, suggesting the jailed Cardinal is in fact a victim of mistaken identity.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.