Coffee with a cop at Fresh on Bayview Coffees galore on Russell Island for Domestic and Family Violence prevention Acting Sergeant Brendon Winslow on May 3, 2019 @ 11:21am On Wednesday, May 1, a cohort of police including the likes of Acting Chief Superintendent Virginia Nelson, Superintendent Michael Niland […] Continue reading
SCAM ALERT URGENT POLICE WARNING Police issue urgent warning following QPS phone number used in scam myPolice on May 2, 2019 @ 11:50am Detectives from the State Crime Command’s Financial and Cyber Crime Group have issued a warning to Queensland residents about a scam using a Queensland Police Service […] Continue reading
Russell Island Crime Wrap APRIL 2019 SGT Tim McKINNEY on Apr 24, 2019 @ 3:32pm Burglary: On April 8, an unknown offender has stolen a cordless phone from the rear of a dwelling located on Forest Hill Road, Russell Island. Between April 8 and April 9, an unknown offender has stolen […] Continue reading
Tel$tra outage credits to your phone account Recently, on or about Tuesday 16th or Thursday 18th Telstra had an “outage”. Telstra is bound ‘by law’ to maintain a certain level of customer service. This is called the Customer Service Guarantee (or CSG for short). There are penalties for Telstra if […] Continue reading
SMBI Sector Workshop: Economic Development and Social Enterprises Tuesday 4th September at the Macleay Community Hall DESCRIPTION In response to the 23 April stabbing death on Macleay Island, the President of the Macleay Island Progress Association wrote to Cr Mark Edwards, Kim Richards MP and Andrew Laming MP seeking […] Continue reading
Quandamooka Coast Claim By Lindsay Hackett A letter to Council To Whom It May Concern, I have attached for your information a copy of my latest letter to Council about the subject Claim. Use any of the information as you wish, provided only that you do so to support my […] Continue reading
Invitation to SMBI Community Wellbeing Meetings All welcome: Please send this invitation to everyone on Russell, Macleay, Lamb, Karragarra and Perulpa Islands Six workshops have been called in the lead up to a SMBI whole-of-government roundtable meeting in September 2018. These workshops aim to enable community members and […] Continue reading
I got a call from an Indian Telstra scammer The lengths the guy goes to are just sooo stupid it is bloody hilarious. More than 10 minutes in he finally gets the message when I have to say ‘repeat after me’ LOL This is the MP4 Here is the link […] Continue reading
New bespoke Redlands Coast canoe and kayak pontoon now open Redland City Council has completed a new purpose built canoe and kayak launching pontoon at Raby Bay Esplanade Park, Ormiston. Redland City Mayor, Cr Karen Williams said the $600,000 pontoon construction project, opened today with the removal of bunting, […] Continue reading
It’s never too late to learn to read or write! You can close the book on any notions of Redland Libraries being stuffy, dark, book depositories, thanks to their increasing range of engaging programs and events that provide a variety of learning opportunities for people of all ages. Redland City […] Continue reading
Exchange trees for weeds at August community event August 2, 2018 Redlands Coast homeowners are up for free native trees in August as IndigiScapes urges residents to become biosecurity-aware and rid their properties of invasive pests. Redland City Mayor, Karen Williams said whether you’re on the islands or the mainland, […] Continue reading
Security camera policy uses the power of partnerships Redland City Council will work with the Queensland Police and key State Government agencies to implement a new security camera policy adopted at Council’s General Meeting. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said a key part of the new policy was entering […] Continue reading
- From the 'fix' to the 'delivery': How Christopher Pyne's replacement plans to outdo him 25th June 2019Christopher Pyne famously declared himself a "fixer". Now Melissa Price, the woman taking over his old job, has vowed to go further — dubbing herself the "deliverer".Andrew Greene
- Scott Morrison says Donald Trump's trade war with China is causing global collateral damage 25th June 2019Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison will warn the global trading system is under real pressure as the relationship between China and the US continues to deteriorate.Stephanie Dalzell
- ABC, Nine and News Corp bosses demand law changes after AFP raids 25th June 2019In a rare show of public unity, three of the nation's media bosses are demanding greater protections for whistleblowers and journalists after recent police raids.Matthew Doran
- Apartment owners 'stuck with a property that is virtually worthless' after building defects found 25th June 2019Apartment owners around Australia are worried they are living in structurally unsound buildings with little choice but to pay for the defects themselves.Julia Holman
- 'The right thing to do': Victoria's public schools to ban mobile phones from 2020 25th June 2019Victoria's Education Minister announces students in primary and secondary public schools will need to lock up their phones during school hours in a bid to disrupt cyberbullying and get kids talking to each other in the schoolyard.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.