Water supply notice Water supply notice – Russell, Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra Islands June 25, 2019 Seqwater will be undertaking essential maintenance work on Russell Island between Thursday 27 June and Friday 28 June 2019. Timing is subject to weather conditions and other unexpected delays. No full loss of supply is expected […] Continue reading
WARNING MACLEAY ISLAND BROKEN GLASS HAZARD Located just near the 5 Star on High Central Rd. Some IDIOT vandalised the Telstra public phone. I chased some very young kids away from the area, and adult (Mother) helped. I have already called Council – Telstra is next.. Here are the […] Continue reading
Sharon Keegan – Family statement and Funeral arrangements By now most of you will have heard the terrible news, our mother Sharon Keegan has passed away in her home. Known to some of the Bay Island Community as “the Bird Lady”, “the crazy lady in the jeep” and to a select few, […] Continue reading
Planned burns notification for this week – Macleay Island PLUS UPDATE FIRST NOTICE (see below for update) Planned burns notification for this week – Macleay Island Redland City Council – along with the Macleay Island Rural Fire Brigade – is intending to undertake hazard reduction burns at six Macleay […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast celebrates volunteers The remarkable efforts of Redlands Coast’s volunteers were recognised by Redland City Council at a special Christmas celebration on Saturday, 1 December. More than 180 volunteers from a range of community organisations – including emergency services and welfare, environmental, sports, arts and cultural groups – attended […] Continue reading
REMEMBRANCE DAY ON MACLEAY Dusty from the Macleay RSL very kindly sent me all the information. So I made a ‘virtual’ brochure from it – a 4 page PDF document. Everything you need to know..Continue reading
THE ISLAND WRITERS FESTIVALContinue reading
Redlands Coast to mark Centenary of Armistice Remembrance Day this year marks the 100th Anniversary of Armistice – the end of World War I. Redland Mayor Karen Williams encouraged the Redlands Coast community to take time on Sunday 11 November to remember Australia’s brave servicemen and women who went into […] Continue reading
Council introduces new regulated parking areas Editors Note: I was reluctant to publish this, as Council cannot give me any idea of how long the parking periods will be for – none at all. Nor the amount any fines might be. It was fortunate that I had a copy of […] Continue reading
Upsize your bin for Recycling Week and save money To celebrate National Recycling Week (12 to 18 November), Redland City Council is offering a special deal on upsizing household recycling bins. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council was waiving the one-off bin establishment fee when households upgraded from a […] Continue reading
Youth Adventure Day heads to Thornlands Thornlands will be the place to be on Saturday 17 November 2018 when it hosts Redlands Coast’s latest Youth Day Out. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the free Youth Adventure Day, from 11am-3pm at William Stewart Park, Thornlands was the latest in a […] Continue reading
Redlands Economic Development Advisory Board welcomes transport and planning expert The newest member of Redlands Economic Development Advisory Board (REDAB) is set to share his extensive experience in transport and planning with Redlands Coast. Warren Rowe was instrumental in developing the light rail project that has improved connectivity and bolstered […] Continue reading
- Philippine police chief resigns amid drug scandal allegations 14th October 2019The Philippines' police chief steps down after being accused of involvement in "recycling" confiscated drugs, an allegation that could undermine the Government's anti-narcotics campaign.
- Australia's first glass bridge unveiled in outback Queensland 14th October 2019Queensland's youngest gorge has been bridged entirely with glass, providing tourists with 360-degree views of the ancient oasis.Krystal Gordon
- 'It's up in your news feed': Miner's family learns of inquest news via social media 14th October 2019Almost six years after her father died in a mining accident on Tasmania's west coast, Tamika Sylvester is still waiting for answers — with the family learning of inquest news via social media.Lucy MacDonald
- Alleged terror plotter was making 'patriot's cookbook' to kill 'thousands', court told 14th October 2019A Melbourne court is told Phillip Galea was preparing a document which he hoped would lead to "thousands upon thousands" of terrorist acts because of a perceived threat from Muslims and the political left.Karen Percy
- Mackay man arrested in Darwin over alleged child abuse offences 14th October 2019A 70-year-old man is remanded in custody over a string of alleged child abuse offences uncovered in a joint investigation between NSW Police, Northern Territory Police and the Australian Federal Police.Kate Ashton
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.