Russell Island Crime Wrap JULY 2019 Domestic Violence Russell Island Police investigated four alleged Domestic Violence incidents over the course of the month. In an emergency call the police on Triple Zero (000). DVConnect Womensline Phone: 1800 811 811 (24 hours, 7 days a week) DVConnect Mensline Phone: 1800 600 […] Continue reading
Another nasty scam- this time it is a Fake Telstra email but it “looks” authentic. Even the links at the bottom are real, they go to Telstra. Nope, it is the ‘Download and install update which is fake..It sends you to DO NOT CUT AND PASTE THIS IT IS […] Continue reading
Water supply notice Water supply notice – Russell, Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra Islands June 25, 2019 Seqwater will be undertaking essential maintenance work on Russell Island between Thursday 27 June and Friday 28 June 2019. Timing is subject to weather conditions and other unexpected delays. No full loss of supply is expected […] Continue reading
Macleay Island crime wrap Street and good order offences: On June 22, a 31-year-old woman from Macleay Island was charged with public nuisance, obstruct police and wilful damage and is due to appear at Cleveland Magistrates Court on July 16. On June 22, a 46-year-old woman from Macleay Island was charged […] Continue reading
SMBI 2019 Summer SCHOOL HOLIDAY program For youth aged 10—17 on the islands. All activities are FREEContinue reading
Christmas Ferry Timetable Kindly supplied by BITS (Translink did not have one as of 2pmContinue reading
Success for website during recent crises While I certainly had no intention of profiting from another’s misfortune, that seems to be the way of the news media. My online NewSite (News + Site, tricky huh?) seems to be providing a satisfactory service to Islanders. To a great extent, news and information from […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast celebrates volunteers The remarkable efforts of Redlands Coast’s volunteers were recognised by Redland City Council at a special Christmas celebration on Saturday, 1 December. More than 180 volunteers from a range of community organisations – including emergency services and welfare, environmental, sports, arts and cultural groups – attended […] Continue reading
Redland City SES crews are paying it forward in Townsville Redland City SES crews are paying it forward in Townsville, working alongside locals and state agencies to help that community deal with unprecedented flooding. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said four Redlands SES volunteers arrived on Saturday with seven more […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast’s Christmas by Starlight Stars to shine at Redlands Coast’s Christmas by Starlight Sensational songstress Casey Donovan will headline a stellar line-up of performers at Redlands Coast’s premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on Saturday 15 December at Cleveland’s Norm Price Park – Redland Showground. […] Continue reading
Symbiotic exhibitions opening in December: Australien Future – Tales of Migration and Shore Birds Visit Redland Art Gallery, Cleveland from 9 December for two related exhibitions by south-east Queensland artist Deb Mostert and the Redlands Coast locals she has mentored. Deb Mostert’s exhibition, Australien Future – Tales of Migration, focusses […] Continue reading
Council introduces new regulated parking areas Editors Note: I was reluctant to publish this, as Council cannot give me any idea of how long the parking periods will be for – none at all. Nor the amount any fines might be. It was fortunate that I had a copy of […] Continue reading
- Battle for the Fitzroy River: Kimberley divided over bid to harvest precious resource 20th September 2019A water allocation plan is being developed for the Kimberley's Fitzroy River, but there's concern over the consultation process that will help to decide the future of the national assetClaire Moodie
- The unlikely heartland of softball in Australia 20th September 2019AFL might be the highest-profile sport in remote Indigenous communities, but no community in Central Australia is complete without a softball diamond.Samantha Jonscher
- US to send military support to Saudi Arabia, UAE following attack on oil facilities 20th September 2019The United States will send military support to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates following last week's attack on oil facilities, days after President Donald Trump said his country was "locked and loaded" to respond.
- 'It took all my skin away': Rise in unlicensed tattoo artists leaving customers at risk 20th September 2019Laura Kennedy got her first tattoo in Sydney when she was 21, she's now a customer of Tasmania's first dedicated laser tattoo removal studio after a series of bad inking experiences.Emily Baker
- 'A lot of damage': Inside the fight to keep the Otways pig-free 20th September 2019Conservationists are struggling in the fight against many introduced species in the Otways, but they hope a new program will limit the number of feral pigs before they cause too much damage.Nicole Mills
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.