SMBI Smoke – Straddie Bushfire as at 10am Sunday 2 December The impact of smoke from a fire burning at North Stradbroke Island is likely to increase on the Southern Moreton Bay Islands over the next few days. There are no immediate threats to townships. Probable changes in wind direction […] Continue reading
Lines strengthened ahead of strong winds with SMBI on smoke alert Residents and visitors of North Stradbroke Island (NSI) and all the Southern Moreton Bay Islands (SMBI) are urged to stay alert ahead of strong winds expected Sunday through to Monday. Fire crews on NSI today focused on strengthening […] Continue reading
SMBI Smoke and Ember Alert 1 December 2018 (1pm) SMBI residents alerted to increase smoke and embers from North Stradbroke Island fire Southern Moreton Bay Island (SMBI) residents are being asked to stay alert to a possible increase in smoke and ember hazard from the fire burning in Eighteen Mile […] Continue reading
Stradbroke Island burnt area map Burnt area as at 12:30am 1 December 2018Continue reading
I got a call from an Indian Telstra scammer The lengths the guy goes to are just sooo stupid it is bloody hilarious. More than 10 minutes in he finally gets the message when I have to say ‘repeat after me’ LOL This is the MP4 Here is the link […] Continue reading
WATCH A SCAMMER IN ACTION! LEARN HOW TO AVOID THOSE ANNOYING CALLERS MORE CITIZEN JOURNALISM You know, sometimes (not often enough) it’s a real pleasure running this site. Now I get the opportunity to warn you and actually see how they try to scam a lady. Many thanks to Kevin […] Continue reading
Fern Terrace Russell Island Conservation Area Burn Off Tim, Thought you would like some photos of the burn off on Russell island today. The Redlands council is doing a planned burn to drop the vegetation in the area which I have been asking for, for three years. Finally they are […] Continue reading
Quandamooka Coast Claim By Lindsay Hackett The Quandamooka Coast Claim was submitted on 8 March 2017 and is now being considered by the Federal Court of Australia. The claim covers the land and waters shown on the map as cross-hatched. Interestingly, this claim does not include Russell Island. Presumably, further […] Continue reading
Turn your ideas into reality with a Council community grant From staging cultural events to regenerating wildlife areas, you can make your community-focused project happen with a community grant from Redland City Council. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the first round of community grants opens next […] Continue reading
What a load of rubbish! Redland City Council today approved a submission in response to the State Government’s Waste Directions Paper currently open for public consultation. Mayor Karen Williams said that while Council supported the key principles of the new State Government strategy – underpinned by a waste disposal […] Continue reading
Help Mayor Williams help the homeless Redland City Mayor Karen Williams is appealing to all Redlanders to join her in helping the homeless as she again participates in the annual Vinnies CEO Sleepout. Cr Williams will swap her comfy bed for a piece of cardboard on the evening […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast – a brand new identity The Redlands is set to emerge with an exciting new identity after Council today agreed to endorse a place brand for the city, following consultation with almost 5,000 locals, business owners and visitors. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the place brand […] Continue reading
- Adelaide to be home to Australia's new space agency 11th December 2018South Australia beats strong national competition to house the Australian Space Agency, with Prime Minister Scott Morrison describing it as a "launching pad to triple Australia's space economy".Caroline Winter And Leah MacLennan
- Desperate May flies to Europe with little hope of Brexit renegotiation 11th December 2018A day after delaying a vote on her Brexit deal, British Prime Minister Theresa May flies to Europe in a last-ditch attempt to renegotiate certain controversial aspects of the deal. But the EU Commission head says there is no wriggle room.
- Russia's 'Werewolf Killer' jailed for life after murdering 80 'fallen women' 11th December 2018Former police officer Mikhail Popkov confesses to dozens of homicides in the 1990s and 2000s, targeting women he viewed as being morally unfit, offering to give them rides in his car, often while wearing his uniform.
- Chinese court orders iPhone ban in patent dispute 11th December 2018A Chinese court orders a ban on several iPhone models for violating two patents of chipmaker Qualcomm Inc, but Apple says all of its phone models remain on sale on the mainland.
- The carry-on crackdown might stop locker hogs, but could mean more 'chaos' 11th December 2018If you've ever had your carry-on luggage weighed before boarding a flight, you'll know what an arduous process it can be. But let's examine the pros and cons of this widening crackdown.Alle McMahon
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.