JUST IN Bob Hawke dies, aged 89 Bob Hawke, Australia’s 23rd prime minister, dies aged 89 Mr Hawke led the country and his party from 1983 to 1991, and his contribution to public life helped shape modern Australia. A great conciliator, Mr Hawke’s achievements as prime minister included modernising […] Continue reading
Water reconnected Burst water main at Karragarra Island: latest update 12 May at 11.30am May 12, 2019 11:30am Sunday 12 May 2019 Water restored to Karragarra, Macleay and Lamb Islands Water supply is back on at Karragarra, Macleay and Lamb Islands. Water pressure will build as pipes fill. Seqwater advises […] Continue reading
Water is being turned off to all except Russell Island FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 11 May 2019 Water shutdown begins for Karragarra Island pipe repair Water supply to Lamb, Macleay and Karragarra Islands has been temporarily stopped so that a burst water main can be safely repaired. Some […] Continue reading
Urgent public appeal missing 16yo boy, Redland Bay Wynnum police are appealing for urgent public assistance to help locate a 16-year-old boy missing from Redland Bay since Friday, May 10. The boy has a medical condition requiring daily medication and it is unknown if he has this with him. […] Continue reading
Christmas Ferry Timetable Kindly supplied by BITS (Translink did not have one as of 2pmContinue reading
Success for website during recent crises While I certainly had no intention of profiting from another’s misfortune, that seems to be the way of the news media. My online NewSite (News + Site, tricky huh?) seems to be providing a satisfactory service to Islanders. To a great extent, news and information from […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast celebrates volunteers The remarkable efforts of Redlands Coast’s volunteers were recognised by Redland City Council at a special Christmas celebration on Saturday, 1 December. More than 180 volunteers from a range of community organisations – including emergency services and welfare, environmental, sports, arts and cultural groups – attended […] Continue reading
REMEMBRANCE DAY ON MACLEAY Dusty from the Macleay RSL very kindly sent me all the information. So I made a ‘virtual’ brochure from it – a 4 page PDF document. Everything you need to know..Continue reading
Free bus loop to ease hospital parking Council calls on State for free bus loop to ease hospital parking pressures Redland City Council is calling on the State Government to implement a free bus loop servicing Cleveland, marine transport hubs and Redland Hospital. Mayor Karen Williams said she wrote to […] Continue reading
Redland City SES crews are paying it forward in Townsville Redland City SES crews are paying it forward in Townsville, working alongside locals and state agencies to help that community deal with unprecedented flooding. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said four Redlands SES volunteers arrived on Saturday with seven more […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast’s Christmas by Starlight Stars to shine at Redlands Coast’s Christmas by Starlight Sensational songstress Casey Donovan will headline a stellar line-up of performers at Redlands Coast’s premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on Saturday 15 December at Cleveland’s Norm Price Park – Redland Showground. […] Continue reading
Symbiotic exhibitions opening in December: Australien Future – Tales of Migration and Shore Birds Visit Redland Art Gallery, Cleveland from 9 December for two related exhibitions by south-east Queensland artist Deb Mostert and the Redlands Coast locals she has mentored. Deb Mostert’s exhibition, Australien Future – Tales of Migration, focusses […] Continue reading
- From the 'fix' to the 'delivery': How Christopher Pyne's replacement plans to outdo him 25th June 2019Christopher Pyne famously declared himself a "fixer". Now Melissa Price, the woman taking over his old job, has vowed to go further — dubbing herself the "deliverer".Andrew Greene
- Scott Morrison says Donald Trump's trade war with China is causing global collateral damage 25th June 2019Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison will warn the global trading system is under real pressure as the relationship between China and the US continues to deteriorate.Stephanie Dalzell
- ABC, Nine and News Corp bosses demand law changes after AFP raids 25th June 2019In a rare show of public unity, three of the nation's media bosses are demanding greater protections for whistleblowers and journalists after recent police raids.Matthew Doran
- Apartment owners 'stuck with a property that is virtually worthless' after building defects found 25th June 2019Apartment owners around Australia are worried they are living in structurally unsound buildings with little choice but to pay for the defects themselves.Julia Holman
- 'The right thing to do': Victoria's public schools to ban mobile phones from 2020 25th June 2019Victoria's Education Minister announces students in primary and secondary public schools will need to lock up their phones during school hours in a bid to disrupt cyberbullying and get kids talking to each other in the schoolyard.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.