Drug and weapon charges, Macleay Island OIC Macleay Island on Aug 29, 2019 @ 3:53pm On August 28, police from the Capalaba Tactical Crime Squad executed three search warrants on Macleay Island. Three people were charged with nine offences including possession of dangerous drugs cannabis and MDMA. During the […] Continue reading
Redland City Council responds to suspected dog baiting Redland City Council is deploying all available resources at local parks, including surveillance cameras, in response to more suspected dog baiting incidents. It also is investigating offering a reward for information which leads to successful prosecution. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams […] Continue reading
Victoria Point vehicles damaged Police ask for assistance Appeal for public assistance, alleged wilful damage of vehicles, Victoria Point Bayside Crime Prevention Unit on Aug 26, 2019 @ 9:08am Police from Cleveland Station are currently investigating several wilful damage incidents to parked vehicles in Victoria Point. Unknown offender(s) have […] Continue reading
Wilful damage of vehicles, Redland Bay myPolice on Aug 22, 2019 @ 12:25pm Detectives from Bayside Criminal Investigation Branch are investigating several wilful damage complaints which occurred in the Weinman Creek Marina car park at Redland Bay. During the weekend of the 17 and 21 August 2019, several vehicles […] Continue reading
A brief history of Tropical Cyclones (and a “Weather Alert” from Stradbroke Ferries) Ah.. Summer in Queensland. When a young mans thoughts turn to almost anything other than rain, cyclones and destruction. But perhaps not such a good idea, especially this week. As Tropical Cyclone Oma bears down, this not-young […] Continue reading
Work Skills Traineeships POSITIONS AVAILABLE Work Skills Traineeships offer disadvantaged Queenslanders employment for up to six months on public works, community and environmental projects. Trainees will earn a Certificate I in Conservation and Land Management (10 places), Certificate I in Hospitality (6 places) or a Certificate I in Business (2 […] Continue reading
Would you like to start a career in business or construction, or know anyone who would? Bay Island Community Services Inc. (BICSI) are currently offering a ‘Certificate 1 in Business’ and a ‘Certificate 1 in Construction’. Both ‘Skilling Queenslanders for Work’ traineeships are 20 weeks, with full-time pay. Certificate […] Continue reading
Macleay Island Community Library News (November & December) Patricia Cation (Left), a former resident of Macleay Island and previous Library volunteer, has donated two of her detective novels to the Library – “Between Friends” and “Free Fall”. These are now available to read. Patricia’s books and those of other local […] Continue reading
Illuminated signage alerts motorists to flooded roads Redland City Council has installed automated illuminated flooded road signage at two Redlands Coast locations that experience flash flooding during rainfall events and severe weather. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the solar-powered signs – located at Avalon Road, Sheldon and the […] Continue reading
Register your team for Redlands Coast Amazing Race Celebrate Queensland Youth Week (3 – 14 April) by entering your team in the upcoming Redlands Coast Amazing Race (14 April). The event will again see teams of family and friends challenged to a giant treasure hunt around the Redlands Coast mainland. […] Continue reading
Council calls on State to prioritise Redlands Coast transport projects Redland City Council is calling on the State Government to include in its Draft Regional Transport Plan an extension to Capalaba of the Eastern Busway and duplication of the Cleveland rail line as priority projects. Mayor Karen Williams said Councillors […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast joins neighbouring councils to explore new waste management options Redland City Council has joined four other south-east Queensland councils in seeking regulatory approval to explore options for future waste management services. Redland City Council, along with Ipswich City Council, Logan City Council, Lockyer Valley Regional Council and Somerset Regional […] Continue reading
- 'Crushed bodies and shattered bones': Xi Jinping issues threat as dissenters shift tactics 13th October 2019Tearing a page out of ancient Chinese military philosophy, black-clad protesters in Hong Kong change tactics and wreak havoc by popping up in small groups in multiple locations across Hong Kong.
- Hundreds of IS relatives escape camp as Turkey escalates, Trump withdraws 13th October 2019More than 700 foreigners affiliated with the Islamic State group — mostly women and children — escape from a camp in northern Syria when the Kurdish-held town it is located in came under attack by Turkish forces.
- Japan defeats Scotland, reaching Rugby World Cup quarter-final despite Typhoon Hagibis 13th October 2019Japan emerges victorious over Scotland after being roared on by a delirious red-and-white-clad crowd as it becomes the first tier-two team to reach the last eight since Fiji in 2007.
- Should Australians be charged for driving in the CBD? 13th October 2019A congestion charge for driving in the CBD during peak hour is once again being pushed, and a new report says it would be easy, cheap and speed up traffic across all major cities.Rachel Clayton
- Zetta is just 18. She's been couch surfing for a year 13th October 2019After a year of couch surfing, Zetta Clifford could be forced to relocate to the mainland to find affordable accommodation, amid Tasmania's housing crisisJessica Hayes And Laura Beavis
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.