STEVEN FENNELL INNOCENT My friend, Steven had his verdict quashed in the high court today. I heard about it at about 3.30pm from a very reliable source. I decided to wait until I could independently confirm this. I have done so now from two other sources. Here is the […] Continue reading
Lock It or Lose It, a vehicle safety reminder from Bayside Police Acting Senior Constable Victor CHAI on Sep 11, 2019 @ 8:24am Recently you may have seen a few of these Lock it or Lose it flyers popping up, especially in carparks. These flyers are mainly used […] Continue reading
Council urges community to be prepared for bushfires Redland City Council is stepping up preparations and is urging residents to remain alert and be prepared as the bushfire rating on Redlands Coast remains dangerously high. Mayor Karen Williams said it was vitally important that residents were prepared should […] Continue reading
The facebook files I was stuck for a full page to fill. I had stupidly duplicated an advertisment and had NO time to find an advertiser. Then I remembered an article about carpark vandalism at Weinam Creek. Thus was born ‘The facebook files;’. If I can, I’ll bring important information […] Continue reading
Residents Locked out of Public Swimming Pool On July 16, 2019 at 2.30pm the Friends of Russell Island Swimming Pool will submit a petition to Redland City Council at their Cleveland office. The petition requests that the council: 1) Open the Bay Island Aquatic Centre (BIAC) on Russell […] Continue reading
Asset Based Community Development Dear SMBI Community Members At last week’s wellbeing hub meeting on Russell Island, people suggested that there were a lot of great aspects of the islands (including highly skilled ‘go to’ people, services, parks and halls) that haven’t really been mapped out. Creating a […] Continue reading
ARTISTS AT WORK 2019 INVITATION MACLEAY ISLAND ARTS COMPLEX ARTISTS AT WORK 2019 Please join us for a day of fine art, pottery, sculpture, weaving, food and great company on the coastline of Macleay Island. Date: Easter Sunday 21 April 2019 Time: 10am to 3pm Place: Macleay Island Art Gallery Contact: Suzie […] Continue reading
WORLD PREMIERE, MACLEAY PROGRESS HALL!! Macleay Progress Association presents Perchance Players production of ‘Bonnet for Eliza’, an original play written by Margaret Dakin. Created from historical facts of the life of Eliza Davis, a typical Irish convict transported to Tasmania where, over a period of fifty years, we learn what […] Continue reading
Council to ask State for more detail on its Draft Waste Management Strategy Redland City Council will write to the State Government with detailed feedback on its Draft Waste Management and Resource Recovery Strategy, before public consultation closes on 5 April. Mayor Karen Williams said it was important to […] Continue reading
Council adopts new policy on the temporary commercial use of public open space A new Council policy will help activate local open spaces and parks, generating economic opportunity while allowing residents and visitors to enjoy the Redlands Coast naturally wonderful locations. Council’s Temporary Commercial Use of Public Open […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast set to welcome young entrepreneurs Redlands Coast will be under an international spotlight when some of the world’s most influential minds gather at Redland Performing Arts Centre on 13 September for the 2019 Young Entrepreneur Summit (YES). Specially designed for 12- to 25-year-old students aiming to become […] Continue reading
Mosquito treatments ongoing at Redlands Coast Since the recent rain, Redland City Council’s mosquito management team has been out in force and will today be undertaking aerial treatments across Redlands Coast. A helicopter will be used to spray Birkdale (including Tingalpa Creek), Wellington Point, Thornlands, Victoria Point, Redland Bay, […] Continue reading
- Philippine police chief resigns amid drug scandal allegations 14th October 2019The Philippines' police chief steps down after being accused of involvement in "recycling" confiscated drugs, an allegation that could undermine the Government's anti-narcotics campaign.
- Australia's first glass bridge unveiled in outback Queensland 14th October 2019Queensland's youngest gorge has been bridged entirely with glass, providing tourists with 360-degree views of the ancient oasis.Krystal Gordon
- 'It's up in your news feed': Miner's family learns of inquest news via social media 14th October 2019Almost six years after her father died in a mining accident on Tasmania's west coast, Tamika Sylvester is still waiting for answers — with the family learning of inquest news via social media.Lucy MacDonald
- Alleged terror plotter was making 'patriot's cookbook' to kill 'thousands', court told 14th October 2019A Melbourne court is told Phillip Galea was preparing a document which he hoped would lead to "thousands upon thousands" of terrorist acts because of a perceived threat from Muslims and the political left.Karen Percy
- Mackay man arrested in Darwin over alleged child abuse offences 14th October 2019A 70-year-old man is remanded in custody over a string of alleged child abuse offences uncovered in a joint investigation between NSW Police, Northern Territory Police and the Australian Federal Police.Kate Ashton
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.