Macleay car park changes delayed Due to unseasonable heavy rain the changeover to the new carpark has been delayed. I shot off an enquiry to council and received this reply: “Dear Tim, I understand while I was out you called about the parking change over. Good question and […] Continue reading
And now the ‘Official’ press release re Weinam Wreckers Council urges the community to join in the fight against vandalism Redland City Mayor Karen Williams has written to the Police Minister the Hon Mark Ryan MP requesting local police prioritise monitoring around the Weinam Creek area following a spate […] Continue reading
Vehicle Vandalism Picture courtesy Michael Patzold via Facebook Media Inquiry – Bay Island News – vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks I’m looking for a statement from Council re the recent ridiculous situation about the vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks. If you could either supply […] Continue reading
STAR Information SessionsContinue reading
This is an old design I did in 2004, when we moved here. I just found it yesterday! A fully concrete house, fireproof, termite proof, No painting required (concrete walls are tinted). I costed it at $83,000 to build, complete with all PC items, kitchens bathrooms – the lot. For […] Continue reading
Redland Libraries prescribes Words for Wellbeing A new partnership between Redland City Council, Redland Hospital and health professionals will see Redland Libraries support community health and wellbeing by loaning residents specific books prescribed to them by their doctor. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that “Books on Prescription” initiatives have […] Continue reading
Now that the election is behind us, I can get back to some of the many media releases from Council.. These include: Exceptional line-up for Redlands’ Christmas by Starlight A stellar line-up of performers is set to dazzle at the Redlands’ premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on […] Continue reading
In my searches for information (can’t even remember what it was now) I happened upon this remarkable document. Remarkable because it seems to strongly indicate that the recent works at Weinam Creek, (I refer to the infamous 8.5 million dollar bus stop), were planned for, with draft (indicative) plans by […] Continue reading
The rumours have been confirmed and hopefully dispelled. For once they were true. Read on gentle reader.. Media Response – Council spokesperson Yes. Council has taken the opportunity to purchase land at 3 Bayview Road, Russell Island ( lot 6 RP122307) when the land became available for fair market value. […] Continue reading
- The winners and losers in the NSW election 23rd March 2019After polls predicted the Coalition would struggle to retain power in NSW, voters delivered surprisingly few changes to the Parliament — but a few new faces could make a big difference to the state's future. Here's who won and lost.Laura Gartry
- Why the election result will expose Coalition's cracks 23rd March 2019In front of the cameras, Gladys Berejiklian's Government was celebrating — but behind the scenes, many Liberal MPs are furious with the Nationals, and their Coalition colleague's collapsing vote.Sarah Gerathy
- Theresa May under pressure as anti-Brexit protesters take to the streets 23rd March 2019Protesters opposed to Brexit march through London to demand a new referendum as the deepening crisis over leaving the EU threatens to sink Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Monks ordered to stop scamming faithful with 'bad karma eviction' ceremonies 23rd March 2019Worshippers have been paying up to $19,000 for monks at a popular Vietnamese pagoda to perform "soul summoning" and "bad karma eviction" ceremonies for them, rituals which authorities found were a scam.
- Waratahs stun Crusaders in titleholders' first outing since Christchurch attacks 23rd March 2019The NSW Waratahs snap the Crusaders' record 19-match Super Rugby winning streak with a stirring 20-12 upset of the reigning champions.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.