Stradbroke ferries advise 19.15pm from Russell Island canceled due to maintenance Stradbroke Ferries For all our Southern Moreton Bay Islands friends – please note the 1915 from Russell Island will not be operating tonight as our maintenance team will be working on the vessel. Thanks in advance for your understanding.Continue reading
North Stradbroke Island fire update – Friday 7 December North Stradbroke Island residents may notice fire appliances leaving the island this afternoon. This follows overnight patrols to ensure any hotspots/flare ups within the burnt out area of the recent fire were extinguished. The reins have now been handed over […] Continue reading
North Stradbroke Island Fire Update 12.00pm Thursday 6 December 2018 Overnight crews continued to extinguish residual hot spots and were able to report the fire intensity is low. Patrols and monitoring will be ongoing as the fire will continue to smoulder in the south-eastern end of the swamp over the […] Continue reading
North Stradbroke Island fire update 1.45pm Wednesday 5 December With heavy rain and decreased fire activity the Local Disaster Coordination Centre (LDCC) will close at 7pm tonight. A Disaster Planning and Operations team will continue to monitor the situation on North Stradbroke Island from Redland City Council offices. The Community […] Continue reading
Each year Redland City Council recognises outstanding residents and community organisations through our Australia Day Awards. You can nominate a person or an organisation from this page – award categories are listed below. Please note: All nominees must be Australian citizens and residents of Redland City. The online form […] Continue reading
It has been almost 70 years, but the ‘not-just-annoying’ pest has (ahem) bugged us before. The little bitches (the females are the ones that bite – I don’t know the name for a female mossie, so ‘bitch’ will do nicely) are seldom found more than 100 -200 metres from home. […] Continue reading
Gathered from Facebook sources.. Compiled by Tim Barker, with thanks from original contributors. Sample Picture of Stolen tools Facebook post “There is a man who is trying to sell tools and item’s on our island’s buy, swap & sell pages! This man was also allegedly caught […] Continue reading
jj Karragarra Community Garden Presents THE KARRAGARRA SEA MARKET FESTIVAL Just a quick note.. found on facebook about dogs at the market. I hope this is OK to put online: Unfortunately, the market is NOT a dog friendly event, due to the large amount wildlife on the Island.Continue reading
As an extra bonus, we have two reports on the one topic. Tanya Buxton who used to be with Bay Island News (print edition) and the official release from the Macleay Island Progress Association.. read and enjoy.. 🙂 Oh, by the way, this is how it used to look (I […] Continue reading
Redlands celebrates volunteers More than 150 community members will be thanked at Redland City Council’s annual volunteers’ brunch on Saturday 2 December. Volunteers from a range of community programs including the arts, sports, cultural and environmental groups, as well as emergency services, will be acknowledged at the event at the […] Continue reading
School holiday fun in the Redlands Kids across the Redlands are spoilt for choice these school holidays with Christmas craft, robotics, portrait art, nature treasure hunts, and writing and illustration workshops headlining a jam-packed program of events on offer. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council was again offering an […] Continue reading
Try water sports and activities at free family fun day To welcome summer, Redland City Council is hosting a free family fun day where you can come and try a variety of water sports and activities – and some land based ones too. Following the success of last year’s inaugural […] Continue reading
- Battle for the Fitzroy River: Kimberley divided over bid to harvest precious resource 20th September 2019A water allocation plan is being developed for the Kimberley's Fitzroy River, but there's concern over the consultation process that will help to decide the future of the national assetClaire Moodie
- The unlikely heartland of softball in Australia 20th September 2019AFL might be the highest-profile sport in remote Indigenous communities, but no community in Central Australia is complete without a softball diamond.Samantha Jonscher
- US to send military support to Saudi Arabia, UAE following attack on oil facilities 20th September 2019The United States will send military support to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates following last week's attack on oil facilities, days after President Donald Trump said his country was "locked and loaded" to respond.
- 'It took all my skin away': Rise in unlicensed tattoo artists leaving customers at risk 20th September 2019Laura Kennedy got her first tattoo in Sydney when she was 21, she's now a customer of Tasmania's first dedicated laser tattoo removal studio after a series of bad inking experiences.Emily Baker
- 'A lot of damage': Inside the fight to keep the Otways pig-free 20th September 2019Conservationists are struggling in the fight against many introduced species in the Otways, but they hope a new program will limit the number of feral pigs before they cause too much damage.Nicole Mills
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.