ALL CLEAR FOR WATER Boil water alert lifted for Karragarra, Lamb and Macleay islands Residents on Karragarra Island, Lamb Island and Macleay Island do not need to boil their drinking water as of 9:00pm Wednesday, 24 October 2018. Seqwater and Redland City Council have confirmed multiple treated water samples of […] Continue reading
Interview with Steve Austin of ABC 612 4pm 23/10 Well I can honestly say I don’t want to do that again.. No, not the interview, that was fine. It was the converting it to an audio file! So here it is – no youtube, it has to be a video, which […] Continue reading
Karen Williams and Cr Mark Edwards video on the water crisis I was due to be interviewed by Steve Austin from ABC radio this afternoon at 4pm. I posted to facebook to garner some feedback re council’s performance. I was also curious as to (seemingly) no messages from Federal member […] Continue reading
WATER WATER EVERYWHERE – BUT IS IT SAFE TO DRINK? Apparently not. Lance Hewlett shared a link. 20 mins Water being restored to Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra islands throughout today The State Government’s Seqwater has advised water supply is progressively being restored to Karragarra, Macleay and Lamb islands throughout today, following an […] Continue reading
The original 1973 Queensland Government papers establishing the funding of the SMBI – from a PDF document kindly supplied by Clem J Ebber from an FOI request by the Original SMBI Advocate – Bay Journal a site run by Lee Shipley for many years.Continue reading
This is an old design I did in 2004, when we moved here. I just found it yesterday! A fully concrete house, fireproof, termite proof, No painting required (concrete walls are tinted). I costed it at $83,000 to build, complete with all PC items, kitchens bathrooms – the lot. For […] Continue reading
Try water sports and activities at free family fun day To welcome summer, Redland City Council is hosting a free family fun day where you can come and try a variety of water sports and activities – and some land based ones too. Following the success of last year’s inaugural […] Continue reading
Exceptional line-up for Redlands’ Christmas by Starlight A stellar line-up of performers is set to dazzle at the Redlands’ premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on Saturday 16 December. X Factor’s Isaiah Firebrace, Australian Idol’s Damien Leith and winner of The Voice Kids 2014 Alexa Curtis headline a […] Continue reading
Lighting of the Redlands’ Christmas tree The start of the festive season will be celebrated in the Redlands with the lighting of the city’s Christmas tree in Cleveland’s Library Square, on the corner of Bloomfield and Middle streets, on Friday, 1 December. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the event, […] Continue reading
Redland Libraries prescribes Words for Wellbeing A new partnership between Redland City Council, Redland Hospital and health professionals will see Redland Libraries support community health and wellbeing by loaning residents specific books prescribed to them by their doctor. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that “Books on Prescription” initiatives have […] Continue reading
- One person dead after stolen Ferrari crashes and erupts in flames in Perth 25th May 2019A stolen Ferrai crashes and catches fire in North Perth after speeding away from approaching police, killing one person and leaving another in hospital.
- Teenage students jump from burning building during fire that killed 19 25th May 2019At least 19 Indian teenage students have been killed in a fire that broke out in a tutoring centre, which destroyed the staircase and trapped them inside.
- Live: Cowboys hope to spring NRL upset against Raiders 25th May 2019The Cowboys travel to Canberra to face the top-four Raiders, before the Warriors battle the Broncos and Rabbitohs meet the Tigers. Follow all the live scores, stats and commentary.
- 'Very tragic': Man dies after suffering head injuries in violent brawl 25th May 2019A baseball bat, golf club and wooden and metal poles are found at the scene of a violent brawl where a man died after suffering severe head injuries in Sydney's south-west, police say.
- Trump 'declassifies everything' to probe Australia's role in Mueller report 25th May 2019The US President says he will declassify documents about the origin of the Mueller probe, including some that mention Australia.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.