Macleay car park changes delayed Due to unseasonable heavy rain the changeover to the new carpark has been delayed. I shot off an enquiry to council and received this reply: “Dear Tim, I understand while I was out you called about the parking change over. Good question and […] Continue reading
And now the ‘Official’ press release re Weinam Wreckers Council urges the community to join in the fight against vandalism Redland City Mayor Karen Williams has written to the Police Minister the Hon Mark Ryan MP requesting local police prioritise monitoring around the Weinam Creek area following a spate […] Continue reading
Vehicle Vandalism Picture courtesy Michael Patzold via Facebook Media Inquiry – Bay Island News – vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks I’m looking for a statement from Council re the recent ridiculous situation about the vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks. If you could either supply […] Continue reading
STAR Information SessionsContinue reading
Each year Redland City Council recognises outstanding residents and community organisations through our Australia Day Awards. You can nominate a person or an organisation from this page – award categories are listed below. Please note: All nominees must be Australian citizens and residents of Redland City. The online form […] Continue reading
It has been almost 70 years, but the ‘not-just-annoying’ pest has (ahem) bugged us before. The little bitches (the females are the ones that bite – I don’t know the name for a female mossie, so ‘bitch’ will do nicely) are seldom found more than 100 -200 metres from home. […] Continue reading
Gathered from Facebook sources.. Compiled by Tim Barker, with thanks from original contributors. Sample Picture of Stolen tools Facebook post “There is a man who is trying to sell tools and item’s on our island’s buy, swap & sell pages! This man was also allegedly caught […] Continue reading
jj Karragarra Community Garden Presents THE KARRAGARRA SEA MARKET FESTIVAL Just a quick note.. found on facebook about dogs at the market. I hope this is OK to put online: Unfortunately, the market is NOT a dog friendly event, due to the large amount wildlife on the Island.Continue reading
School holiday fun in the Redlands Kids across the Redlands are spoilt for choice these school holidays with Christmas craft, robotics, portrait art, nature treasure hunts, and writing and illustration workshops headlining a jam-packed program of events on offer. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council was again offering an […] Continue reading
Try water sports and activities at free family fun day To welcome summer, Redland City Council is hosting a free family fun day where you can come and try a variety of water sports and activities – and some land based ones too. Following the success of last year’s inaugural […] Continue reading
Exceptional line-up for Redlands’ Christmas by Starlight A stellar line-up of performers is set to dazzle at the Redlands’ premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on Saturday 16 December. X Factor’s Isaiah Firebrace, Australian Idol’s Damien Leith and winner of The Voice Kids 2014 Alexa Curtis headline a […] Continue reading
Lighting of the Redlands’ Christmas tree The start of the festive season will be celebrated in the Redlands with the lighting of the city’s Christmas tree in Cleveland’s Library Square, on the corner of Bloomfield and Middle streets, on Friday, 1 December. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the event, […] Continue reading
- MAGA teen sues Washington Post for 'falsely accusing' him of racist acts 20th February 2019High school student Nick Sandmann, 16, is seeking $349 million in damages — the amount Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos paid for the Washington Post — over defamation claims.
- Three of May's Conservatives are leaving to join fellow Labour defectors in an independent group 20th February 2019The pro-EU politicians quitting the party describe Prime Minister Theresa May's handling of Brexit as "disastrous", and will join eight MPs from who left the opposition Labour Party to form a new centrist group.
- Meghan Markle broke Royal protocol with New York baby shower. Or did she? 20th February 2019With weeks to go until she gives birth, Meghan is in New York for her baby shower. If the tabloid press is to be believed, the Duchess of Sussex is breaking Royal rules by doing so.Yasmin Jeffery
- India's vigilante cow protectors are reportedly killing dozens of people 20th February 2019At least 44 people were killed and hundreds injured in what are being described as "mob lynchings" by Hindu nationalists that target minorities — and largely go unpunished due to the support of law enforcement.
- Glencore moves to cap global coal output after investor pressure on climate change 20th February 2019The Swiss-based resources giant and Australia's largest coal miner says it will freeze coal production at current levels.Nassim Khadem
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.