TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST Severe Thunderstorm Warning – Southeast Queensland for DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE HAILSTONES For people in Ipswich, Logan, Gold Coast, Noosa and parts of Gympie, Somerset, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Redland City, Sunshine Coast and Brisbane City Council Areas. Issued at 5:34 pm Sunday, 11 […] Continue reading
Redlands honours local heroes The real heroes of the Redlands were celebrated tonight (Tuesday 23 January 2018) at the annual Redland City Australia Day Awards at the Alexandra Hills Hotel Function Centre. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the awards were a fitting way of thanking those in the community […] Continue reading
TWO NEW POLICE OFFICERS HEADED TO REDLANDS Two new first year police constables are heading to the Redlands after they were sworn in to the Queensland Police Service in a graduation ceremony at the QPS Oxley Academy yesterday. On behalf of the community, I’m proud to welcome the new First […] Continue reading
On 19th January the Queensland Police Media confirmed that a large Drug operation called “Operation Papa Galosh” had recently taken place on the Bay Islands and mainland. As is not uncommon during these times of arrests, it takes time until all parties who have been charged have their names released. […] Continue reading
Karragarra Community Garden Presents THE KARRAGARRA SEA MARKET FESTIVAL LONG-WEEKEND 8.30am – 2pm SUNDAY 1st OCTOBER STALLHOLDERSContinue reading
The original 1973 Queensland Government papers establishing the funding of the SMBI – from a PDF document kindly supplied by Clem J Ebber from an FOI request by the Original SMBI Advocate – Bay Journal a site run by Lee Shipley for many years.Continue reading
This is an old design I did in 2004, when we moved here. I just found it yesterday! A fully concrete house, fireproof, termite proof, No painting required (concrete walls are tinted). I costed it at $83,000 to build, complete with all PC items, kitchens bathrooms – the lot. For […] Continue reading
Try water sports and activities at free family fun day To welcome summer, Redland City Council is hosting a free family fun day where you can come and try a variety of water sports and activities – and some land based ones too. Following the success of last year’s inaugural […] Continue reading
Exceptional line-up for Redlands’ Christmas by Starlight A stellar line-up of performers is set to dazzle at the Redlands’ premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on Saturday 16 December. X Factor’s Isaiah Firebrace, Australian Idol’s Damien Leith and winner of The Voice Kids 2014 Alexa Curtis headline a […] Continue reading
Lighting of the Redlands’ Christmas tree The start of the festive season will be celebrated in the Redlands with the lighting of the city’s Christmas tree in Cleveland’s Library Square, on the corner of Bloomfield and Middle streets, on Friday, 1 December. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said the event, […] Continue reading
Redland Libraries prescribes Words for Wellbeing A new partnership between Redland City Council, Redland Hospital and health professionals will see Redland Libraries support community health and wellbeing by loaning residents specific books prescribed to them by their doctor. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that “Books on Prescription” initiatives have […] Continue reading
- New Delhi half-marathon tries radio waves to beat smog 21st October 2018Organisers of New Delhi's half-marathon race have used ultra high frequency radio waves to dispel pollution from a particulate that lodges deep in the lungs and damages the respiratory system.
- Detroit police find 63 foetuses in funeral home 21st October 2018Police remove the remains of 63 foetuses from a Detroit funeral home and regulators shutter the business amid a widening investigation of alleged improprieties at local funeral homes.
- Meghan Markle pulls out of official engagements on Fraser Island 21st October 2018The pregnant Duchess of Sussex will not take part in official engagements during the Royal couple's visit to Fraser Island on Monday, Kensington Palace announces.
- Non-lethal SMART drum line plan released for WA's South West 21st October 2018Ten non-lethal SMART drum lines will be set in the ocean along an 11.5-kilometre stretch of coastline around the South West town of Gracetown in an attempt to prevent shark attacks.
- Which Saudi official is going to tell the Crown Prince that he's wrong? 21st October 2018Saudi Arabia's self-serving admission over the death of Jamal Khashoggi is calculated to get the United States off its back and end the damaging coverage about Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. But this new falsehood is another misstep by the Crown Prince, Adam Harvey writes.Adam Harvey
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.