Vehicle Vandalism Picture courtesy Michael Patzold via Facebook Media Inquiry – Bay Island News – vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks I’m looking for a statement from Council re the recent ridiculous situation about the vandalism of vehicles in the Redland bay carparks. If you could either supply […] Continue reading
STAR Information SessionsContinue reading
Council to pick up Weinam Creek Development Redland City Council today revealed a new master plan is under consideration for the Weinam Creek Priority Development Area (PDA), following a decision not to proceed with Walker Group’s proposal. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council has listened to the […] Continue reading
Full state funding required for $26million SMBI marine infrastructure Redland City Council has called for full state funding to upgrade the Southern Moreton Bay Island ferry terminals to provide a safer more reliable service to residents. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said public transport was operated and funded by […] Continue reading
We can’t say we weren’t warned, BOM forecast it, and boy, did they get it right. Islanders are rediscovering the joys of the lovely sound of ‘squelch, squelch’ as once dry feet go for a restricted swim inside shoes… The disturbing thing is the depth of water covering the roads […] Continue reading
Once upon a time there was a novel election campaign, The Cash Cow. Our current Councillor, Mark Edwards began his tilt for Council sometime in late 2008, continuing it through the end of the year and into the next year’s State election. He failed in his efforts for a State […] Continue reading
Each year Redland City Council recognises outstanding residents and community organisations through our Australia Day Awards. You can nominate a person or an organisation from this page – award categories are listed below. Please note: All nominees must be Australian citizens and residents of Redland City. The online form […] Continue reading
The good news: 44672 square metres 11 acres in the old measurements 4.4672 in Hectares The questionable news: 1180 metres to walk via existing roads to the ferry – Ed. Strategic purchase to ease SMBI residents’ car parking issues Council recently purchased Moores Farm at Weinam Creek, Redland Bay, to […] Continue reading
With the perverseness of Mr Murphy and his well known law, the time most likely for Storms, Cyclones and power outages would have to be over the Christmas period. So here are Council’s closure dates for the period.. Council Christmas closure dates 2017-2018 December 14, 2017 All non-essential Council services […] Continue reading
14 December 2017 Fresh global focus on economic development for Redlands The Redlands Economic Development Advisory Board’s newest member needs little introduction. John Aitken is well known for his achievements as former CEO of Brisbane’s economic development organisation, Brisbane Marketing including establishing Brisbane’s new world city positioning globally, and delivering […] Continue reading
As an extra bonus, we have two reports on the one topic. Tanya Buxton who used to be with Bay Island News (print edition) and the official release from the Macleay Island Progress Association.. read and enjoy.. 🙂 Oh, by the way, this is how it used to look (I […] Continue reading
- Adelaide to be home to Australia's new space agency 11th December 2018South Australia beats strong national competition to house the Australian Space Agency, with Prime Minister Scott Morrison describing it as a "launching pad to triple Australia's space economy".Caroline Winter And Leah MacLennan
- Desperate May flies to Europe with little hope of Brexit renegotiation 11th December 2018A day after delaying a vote on her Brexit deal, British Prime Minister Theresa May flies to Europe in a last-ditch attempt to renegotiate certain controversial aspects of the deal. But the EU Commission head says there is no wriggle room.
- Russia's 'Werewolf Killer' jailed for life after murdering 80 'fallen women' 11th December 2018Former police officer Mikhail Popkov confesses to dozens of homicides in the 1990s and 2000s, targeting women he viewed as being morally unfit, offering to give them rides in his car, often while wearing his uniform.
- Chinese court orders iPhone ban in patent dispute 11th December 2018A Chinese court orders a ban on several iPhone models for violating two patents of chipmaker Qualcomm Inc, but Apple says all of its phone models remain on sale on the mainland.
- The carry-on crackdown might stop locker hogs, but could mean more 'chaos' 11th December 2018If you've ever had your carry-on luggage weighed before boarding a flight, you'll know what an arduous process it can be. But let's examine the pros and cons of this widening crackdown.Alle McMahon
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.