LIONS garage sale POSTPONED Due to the pouring rain, the Garage sale has been put back 2 weeks to the 10th March. I’ll post the new, definite dates closer to the time.Continue reading
Coffee Chat with Lammo It’s my shout for coffee so you can shout right back at me. This is your opportunity to have your say. Meet me at the BLUE PARROT CAFÉ 5/36-38 Southsea Terrace, Macleay Island This Saturday 24th February From 9:00 am- 10:00 am Every local who […] Continue reading
SMBI Island Forum – KimRichards Join our first across Islands Forums weekend that will focus discussion on connectivity, services, community and an opportunity for general discussion over morning/afternoon tea. Please rsvp your attendance to: Redlands@parliament.qld.gov.au or phone 07 3446 0100 Saturday 24/2/18 Macleay Progress Hall, 11am – 12.30pm […] Continue reading
Macleay Island Community Library News With just over a month to go, the volunteers have been busy preparing for our annual Book Clearance and Plant Sale. Good quality fiction and non-fiction books, excess to our needs which have been stored, will be made available for sale. Your own shopping bag, […] Continue reading
Each year Redland City Council recognises outstanding residents and community organisations through our Australia Day Awards. You can nominate a person or an organisation from this page – award categories are listed below. Please note: All nominees must be Australian citizens and residents of Redland City. The online form […] Continue reading
It has been almost 70 years, but the ‘not-just-annoying’ pest has (ahem) bugged us before. The little bitches (the females are the ones that bite – I don’t know the name for a female mossie, so ‘bitch’ will do nicely) are seldom found more than 100 -200 metres from home. […] Continue reading
Gathered from Facebook sources.. Compiled by Tim Barker, with thanks from original contributors. Sample Picture of Stolen tools Facebook post “There is a man who is trying to sell tools and item’s on our island’s buy, swap & sell pages! This man was also allegedly caught […] Continue reading
jj Karragarra Community Garden Presents THE KARRAGARRA SEA MARKET FESTIVAL Just a quick note.. found on facebook about dogs at the market. I hope this is OK to put online: Unfortunately, the market is NOT a dog friendly event, due to the large amount wildlife on the Island.Continue reading
14 December 2017 Fresh global focus on economic development for Redlands The Redlands Economic Development Advisory Board’s newest member needs little introduction. John Aitken is well known for his achievements as former CEO of Brisbane’s economic development organisation, Brisbane Marketing including establishing Brisbane’s new world city positioning globally, and delivering […] Continue reading
As an extra bonus, we have two reports on the one topic. Tanya Buxton who used to be with Bay Island News (print edition) and the official release from the Macleay Island Progress Association.. read and enjoy.. 🙂 Oh, by the way, this is how it used to look (I […] Continue reading
Redlands celebrates volunteers More than 150 community members will be thanked at Redland City Council’s annual volunteers’ brunch on Saturday 2 December. Volunteers from a range of community programs including the arts, sports, cultural and environmental groups, as well as emergency services, will be acknowledged at the event at the […] Continue reading
School holiday fun in the Redlands Kids across the Redlands are spoilt for choice these school holidays with Christmas craft, robotics, portrait art, nature treasure hunts, and writing and illustration workshops headlining a jam-packed program of events on offer. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council was again offering an […] Continue reading
- New Delhi half-marathon tries radio waves to beat smog 21st October 2018Organisers of New Delhi's half-marathon race have used ultra high frequency radio waves to dispel pollution from a particulate that lodges deep in the lungs and damages the respiratory system.
- Detroit police find 63 foetuses in funeral home 21st October 2018Police remove the remains of 63 foetuses from a Detroit funeral home and regulators shutter the business amid a widening investigation of alleged improprieties at local funeral homes.
- Meghan Markle pulls out of official engagements on Fraser Island 21st October 2018The pregnant Duchess of Sussex will not take part in official engagements during the Royal couple's visit to Fraser Island on Monday, Kensington Palace announces.
- Non-lethal SMART drum line plan released for WA's South West 21st October 2018Ten non-lethal SMART drum lines will be set in the ocean along an 11.5-kilometre stretch of coastline around the South West town of Gracetown in an attempt to prevent shark attacks.
- Which Saudi official is going to tell the Crown Prince that he's wrong? 21st October 2018Saudi Arabia's self-serving admission over the death of Jamal Khashoggi is calculated to get the United States off its back and end the damaging coverage about Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. But this new falsehood is another misstep by the Crown Prince, Adam Harvey writes.Adam Harvey
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.