Weinam Creek New Plans Released Redland City Council has today announced that stage one works for its Weinam Creek redevelopment project will commence in late 2018. The redevelopment will ultimately transform the waterfront of Redland Bay. Council-owned subsidiary Redland Investment Corporation will work with Council to develop stage one, […] Continue reading
MACLEAY ISLAND LIONS GARAGE SALE AT OUR NEW SHED 16 PELICAN ST OPPOSITE THE POLICE STATION SATURDAY 18TH AUGUST Come and check it out, we will be trying to empty the shed. 7 am To 12 Noon The food van will be there with hot coffee, cold drinks burgers and […] Continue reading
BITS ferry capacity reached. Is this the ‘tipping point’ ? Recorded on the last Friday of school holidays, 13 July 2018. (Videos – courtesy of Yvonne Merle Beckett) via facebook SMBI Infrastructure & Passenger Ferry Terminals group. The question being asked is whether it was the trolleys or the number […] Continue reading
Tragic death on the waterbus UPDATE No bad news, just some more information. I was coming back from the mainland – actually, no, I was heading over (got to get things right), and was speaking with a deckie (to remains anonymous), he was the guy in duty at the […] Continue reading
SANTA PAWS IS COMING TO TOWN! FOR THE FIRST TIME, SE QLD’S ORIGINAL AND BIGGEST DOG COMMUNITY MARKET EVENT, PAWS AT THE PARK, IS HEADING TO REDLAND SHOWGROUNDS WITH OVER 80 STALLS, DOG YOGA, BEST DRESSED COMPETITION AND OF COURSE…PHOTOS WITH SANTA PAWS!Continue reading
Quandamooka Festival brings live mural to Cleveland Library As part of the 2017 Quandamooka Festival, a nine-metre tall mural entitled dabilbahnba – meaning place of saltwater – will soon adorn the Cleveland Library building in Middle Street. Prominent Quandamooka artists, mother and daughter team Sandra and Shara Delaney have been […] Continue reading
Sourced from the ABC news website Election campaign ‘robo-calls’ prompt flood of complaints to communications watchdog 7.30 By Pat McGrath Updated 13 Jul 2016, 6:59am “Australia’s telecommunications watchdog has been flooded with complaints about politicians “robo-calling” voters during the election campaign. The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) says it […] Continue reading
“Taking a walk through Turtle Swamp wetlands, to no avail in wet land, I did however come across this paradox. After our horrendous time with fires across the islands last year, and early this year, you would think Council would be going all out to protect or most vulnerable […] Continue reading
Mayor throws down the gauntlet on getting active Redland City Mayor Karen Williams is challenging Redlanders to get up and get active by registering for one of the fantastic activities on offer in the Redlands Healthy and Active Program which commences on Monday 22 January. “The program is designed to […] Continue reading
The Healthy & Active Program is coming to the SMBI’s – both events are on Russell Island, and they’re FREE!! Programs start next week and run for 10 weeks (throughout the school Term 1). Kid’s Mini Games Fun and active games and exercises to challenge the mind and body. Every […] Continue reading
Community groups urged to apply for funding Member for Redlands Kim Richards is urging local community groups to apply for funding under the next round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund, which opened yesterday last Thursday. Ms Richards said community groups in the Redlands region are able to apply for […] Continue reading
Refillable cups, reusable wraps and pouches and metal straws are all alternatives to single use plastics Make ‘No Plastic Bags’ your New Year resolution for 2018 Redland City Council’s environmental education centre, Indigiscapes is encouraging Redlanders to create a new habit by trading plastic bags for more sustainable options. […] Continue reading
- Divers encounter gigantic great white shark off Hawaii 18th January 2019A whale carcass draws a shark nearly 6 metres long and weighing in at 2.5 tonnes to a Hawaiian island, allowing divers to swim beside the predator and capture stunning photographs.
- Live: Australia takes on India in third ODI at the MCG 18th January 2019Australia is looking to claim its first ODI series victory in two years in the third and final clash with India at the MCG. Follow all the action in our live ScoreCentre.
- Mum wins 431km hill-running race in record time while expressing breast milk 18th January 2019British ultra runner Jasmin Paris becomes the first woman to win the 431-kilometre Montane Spine Race — all while expressing breast milk for her daughter at checkpoints along the way.
- Barty's Australian Open campaign gathers momentum with third-round victory 18th January 2019Ashleigh Barty wins again, putting aside an injury concern to make the Australian Open fourth round for the first time in her blossoming career.Luke Pentony
- Only 4pc of aged care providers have handed information to royal commission, inquiry hears 18th January 2019Out of almost 2,000 Australian aged care providers invited to shed light on the sector ahead of the royal commission into elder abuse, only 83 have been forthcoming with information, the inquiry hears in Adelaide.Candice Prosser
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.