It can happen to anyone – romance scam Acting Sergeant Brendon Winslow on Jan 24, 2019 @ 10:45am Late last year I was asked by a member of the Bayside community to come and speak to their family member regarding ‘their love life’. For this story, we will call the victim […] Continue reading
Redlands Coast honours local heroes Redlands Coast residents who have dedicated their time and talents to helping their community were celebrated at the 2019 Redlands Coast Australia Day Awards at the Alexandra Hills Hotel Function Centre on 22 January. Mayor Karen Williams said the annual awards were a fitting […] Continue reading
Weinam Creek PDA Project Update – Public Submissions for Housing Lots The public submission process for nine house lots fronting Moores Road, Redland Bay, opens today. The State Government will be taking submissions on the house lots for 20 business days up until 11 February 2019. In November 2018, […] Continue reading
Storms, strong winds and rainfall expected from Friday Residents are urged to be prepared for a severe weather event expected to begin on Friday, with storms, strong winds and rainfall continuing over the weekend. By late Sunday it is expected that the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Owen, […] Continue reading
Running Wild- Youth Conservation Culture Zero Tolerance Xone – Mindful Movement Arts If you like fitness and fun, join Jed and the crew to have a go. This workshop based session focuses on controlled body movement involved in the discipline of many martial arts. ZTX MMA promotes the practice of […] Continue reading
Local practice receives the mark of quality as an accredited practice Macleay Island increased its community health credentials when Macleay Island Medical Centre received a national award of accreditation, demonstrating its commitment to quality and safety within its practice. Macleay Island Medical Centre received this important recognition from Australian […] Continue reading
On behalf of Senior Constable Carolyn Gregg and myself, we would like to wish all Bay Island residents a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year whether that would be on land or water. Enjoy the festive season but be safe…Continue reading
14 December 2017 Redlands Healthy & Active Program … coming to a park near you! Keep your eye out for Council’s upcoming physical activity program set to hit parks across the Redlands in the new year. Catering for residents aged 5 to 65+ years, the Redlands Healthy & Active Program […] Continue reading
Local laws up for review and future public consultation Providing more designated swimming areas and locations for film and television production are amongst a suite of laws adopted for review in today’s Council meeting. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said following today’s decision Council would now proceed with amending the […] Continue reading
The Driverless Bus came and went on Sunday, as it is supposed to do, I suppose. Unlike Stephenson’s ‘Rocket’ demonstration of the then new transport innovation, trains, this wasn’t marred by any mishaps. There has been much discussion on the Facebook groups, some for the service to be instituted here […] Continue reading
Snag your barbeque prize pack for Neighbour Day Redland City Council is encouraging Redland residents to connect with their neighbours by offering barbeque prize packs to go towards Neighbour Day gatherings this month. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said that Neighbour Day was Australia’s annual celebration of community, […] Continue reading
Get on board a Driverless bus This Sunday Redlands residents can literally get on board and experience the future of urban transport when the EasyMile EZ10 electric driverless bus hits Middle Street for this Sunday’s Cleveland Markets. Redland City Mayor, Karen Williams said that autonomous buses have the potential to […] Continue reading
- From the 'fix' to the 'delivery': How Christopher Pyne's replacement plans to outdo him 25th June 2019Christopher Pyne famously declared himself a "fixer". Now Melissa Price, the woman taking over his old job, has vowed to go further — dubbing herself the "deliverer".Andrew Greene
- Scott Morrison says Donald Trump's trade war with China is causing global collateral damage 25th June 2019Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison will warn the global trading system is under real pressure as the relationship between China and the US continues to deteriorate.Stephanie Dalzell
- ABC, Nine and News Corp bosses demand law changes after AFP raids 25th June 2019In a rare show of public unity, three of the nation's media bosses are demanding greater protections for whistleblowers and journalists after recent police raids.Matthew Doran
- Apartment owners 'stuck with a property that is virtually worthless' after building defects found 25th June 2019Apartment owners around Australia are worried they are living in structurally unsound buildings with little choice but to pay for the defects themselves.Julia Holman
- 'The right thing to do': Victoria's public schools to ban mobile phones from 2020 25th June 2019Victoria's Education Minister announces students in primary and secondary public schools will need to lock up their phones during school hours in a bid to disrupt cyberbullying and get kids talking to each other in the schoolyard.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.