Even if you know your way around the internet, even if you are aware that there are scammers out there – alive and well (unfortunately) – even armed with years of experience warning others…. Even so, they are still there, and they are smart. I went to a site called […] Continue reading
Barge aground at Russell – overnight stopover possible The picture tells it all. Stranded on the Russell Island boat ramp the Stradbroke Venture awaits a high tide. Information gleaned from various Facebook comments indicate that: Apparently the ramp has broken in some way and could not be raised. This effectively […] Continue reading
Bayside District Crime Prevention Coordinators (DCPC), Macleay Island Police and Crime Stoppers invite you to have a Coffee with a Cop at Macleay Island. Coffee with a Cop is a chance for community members to ask questions, voice concerns, get to know local police officers. Police will be on […] Continue reading
Where: Community Hall High Central Rd When: Saturday 3rd March 8am to12pm LOTS OF VARIETY INSIDE and OUTSIDE THE HALL COME FOR BREAKFAST OR JUST TO BROWSE [stextbox id=’alert’] IF YOU WANT A STALL CONTACT WALLY 0411 639 812 LARGE AREA FOR CAR BOOT SALE TO SELL THISE UNWANTED […] Continue reading
A BREAKTHROUGH FOR MS SUFFERERS – MAYBE. MRI scan Yes, this could be called ‘all about me’, I suppose.But there are 23 million sufferers out there, so I’m not alone. Many of you have seen the videos I posted, up to two years ago, as I battled to regain the […] Continue reading
We can’t say we weren’t warned, BOM forecast it, and boy, did they get it right. Islanders are rediscovering the joys of the lovely sound of ‘squelch, squelch’ as once dry feet go for a restricted swim inside shoes… The disturbing thing is the depth of water covering the roads […] Continue reading
Once upon a time there was a novel election campaign, The Cash Cow. Our current Councillor, Mark Edwards began his tilt for Council sometime in late 2008, continuing it through the end of the year and into the next year’s State election. He failed in his efforts for a State […] Continue reading
Community groups urged to apply for funding Member for Redlands Kim Richards is urging local community groups to apply for funding under the next round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund, which opened yesterday last Thursday. Ms Richards said community groups in the Redlands region are able to apply for […] Continue reading
Refillable cups, reusable wraps and pouches and metal straws are all alternatives to single use plastics Make ‘No Plastic Bags’ your New Year resolution for 2018 Redland City Council’s environmental education centre, Indigiscapes is encouraging Redlanders to create a new habit by trading plastic bags for more sustainable options. […] Continue reading
The good news: 44672 square metres 11 acres in the old measurements 4.4672 in Hectares The questionable news: 1180 metres to walk via existing roads to the ferry – Ed. Strategic purchase to ease SMBI residents’ car parking issues Council recently purchased Moores Farm at Weinam Creek, Redland Bay, to […] Continue reading
With the perverseness of Mr Murphy and his well known law, the time most likely for Storms, Cyclones and power outages would have to be over the Christmas period. So here are Council’s closure dates for the period.. Council Christmas closure dates 2017-2018 December 14, 2017 All non-essential Council services […] Continue reading
- New Delhi half-marathon tries radio waves to beat smog 21st October 2018Organisers of New Delhi's half-marathon race have used ultra high frequency radio waves to dispel pollution from a particulate that lodges deep in the lungs and damages the respiratory system.
- Detroit police find 63 foetuses in funeral home 21st October 2018Police remove the remains of 63 foetuses from a Detroit funeral home and regulators shutter the business amid a widening investigation of alleged improprieties at local funeral homes.
- Meghan Markle pulls out of official engagements on Fraser Island 21st October 2018The pregnant Duchess of Sussex will not take part in official engagements during the Royal couple's visit to Fraser Island on Monday, Kensington Palace announces.
- Non-lethal SMART drum line plan released for WA's South West 21st October 2018Ten non-lethal SMART drum lines will be set in the ocean along an 11.5-kilometre stretch of coastline around the South West town of Gracetown in an attempt to prevent shark attacks.
- Which Saudi official is going to tell the Crown Prince that he's wrong? 21st October 2018Saudi Arabia's self-serving admission over the death of Jamal Khashoggi is calculated to get the United States off its back and end the damaging coverage about Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. But this new falsehood is another misstep by the Crown Prince, Adam Harvey writes.Adam Harvey
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.