WATER WORKS – NOT New update re water collection .. 1.51pm One of the pick-up points for bottled water has changed. The Macleay Island pick up point is now: Macleay Island Rural Fire Brigade Station, 276 Central High Road. We would really appreciate it if you could update any information […] Continue reading
BROKEN WATER MAIN ON KARRAGARRA At approximately 6 to 7pm reports of water problems started to emerge on Facebook. Our own water pressure is much reduced, to the point where the instant gas hot water system can’t get sufficient flow to ‘fire’.. The image isn’t the greatest, having been taken […] Continue reading
BAY ISLAND MEDICAL CENTRE TEMPORALY CLOSED OFFICIAL INTERVIEW At 3.30pm yesterday, while I was in hospital I was notified of a development about the Medical Centre. Being plugged into a drip at the time and far, far away from my PC, I couldn’t (and wouldn’t, until confirmed) anything at that time. […] Continue reading
Bay Island Medical Centre closes it’s doors In a shock announcement Bay Islands Medical Centre has closed it’s doors. A series of concerned residents have been venting their concerns on several Facebook groups. The first comment set the theme: “Does anyone know of a good doctor? I moved to Russell […] Continue reading
On behalf of Senior Constable Carolyn Gregg and myself, we would like to wish all Bay Island residents a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year whether that would be on land or water. Enjoy the festive season but be safe…Continue reading
14 December 2017 Redlands Healthy & Active Program … coming to a park near you! Keep your eye out for Council’s upcoming physical activity program set to hit parks across the Redlands in the new year. Catering for residents aged 5 to 65+ years, the Redlands Healthy & Active Program […] Continue reading
Jetty jumping a leap of faith An incident involving a man leaping from the Coochiemudlo Island Jetty in recent months has sparked warnings that serious injuries can result. As the man jumped he hit the dock, dislocated his shoulder and was pulled unconscious from the water by local Surf Lifesaver […] Continue reading
Rebecca Gibney, Russell Crowe, Keith Urban. All Kiwis But we lay claim to them anyway (and Phar Lap too)! Redlands beach tops SLSQ best list North Stradbroke Island’s Cylinder Beach has topped this year’s list of best beaches released by Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) to mark the start of summer. The […] Continue reading
As the saying goes – a picture tells a thousand words. I was heading to the PA hospital this morning (the car wouldn’t start though), so I had time to snap this image in the ex spoil pit parking area. My question is simple, why is this a “no parking” […] Continue reading
Koala food tree and others icons at risk from vandalism Two significant, iconic trees, including a tier-one, high-value Koala food tree, have been vandalised by hacking, drilling, nailing, and poisoning, and Council is calling on anyone noticing suspicious behaviour to report it to Council or Crimestoppers immediately. Redland City Mayor, […] Continue reading
Council launches cyber respect campaign Redland City Councillors today took a unanimous stand against disrespectful online behaviour by publicly committing not to ‘sledge’ on social media, and encouraging others to do the same. Mayor Karen Williams said councillors today voted to support the development of a #pledgenot2sledge social media campaign […] Continue reading
Fire Management Planning for your property When Saturday, 10 March 2018, 9am – 12pm Where Redlands IndigiScapes Centre 17 Runnymede Rd Capalaba Description Do you have a Fire Management Plan for your property? Learn more about Fire Management for your property; and balancing fire safety with bushland conservation. Bookings required, […] Continue reading
- MAGA teen sues Washington Post for 'falsely accusing' him of racist acts 20th February 2019High school student Nick Sandmann, 16, is seeking $349 million in damages — the amount Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos paid for the Washington Post — over defamation claims.
- Three of May's Conservatives are leaving to join fellow Labour defectors in an independent group 20th February 2019The pro-EU politicians quitting the party describe Prime Minister Theresa May's handling of Brexit as "disastrous", and will join eight MPs from who left the opposition Labour Party to form a new centrist group.
- Meghan Markle broke Royal protocol with New York baby shower. Or did she? 20th February 2019With weeks to go until she gives birth, Meghan is in New York for her baby shower. If the tabloid press is to be believed, the Duchess of Sussex is breaking Royal rules by doing so.Yasmin Jeffery
- India's vigilante cow protectors are reportedly killing dozens of people 20th February 2019At least 44 people were killed and hundreds injured in what are being described as "mob lynchings" by Hindu nationalists that target minorities — and largely go unpunished due to the support of law enforcement.
- Glencore moves to cap global coal output after investor pressure on climate change 20th February 2019The Swiss-based resources giant and Australia's largest coal miner says it will freeze coal production at current levels.Nassim Khadem
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.