BROKEN WATER MAIN ON KARRAGARRA At approximately 6 to 7pm reports of water problems started to emerge on Facebook. Our own water pressure is much reduced, to the point where the instant gas hot water system can’t get sufficient flow to ‘fire’.. The image isn’t the greatest, having been taken […] Continue reading
BAY ISLAND MEDICAL CENTRE TEMPORALY CLOSED OFFICIAL INTERVIEW At 3.30pm yesterday, while I was in hospital I was notified of a development about the Medical Centre. Being plugged into a drip at the time and far, far away from my PC, I couldn’t (and wouldn’t, until confirmed) anything at that time. […] Continue reading
Bay Island Medical Centre closes it’s doors In a shock announcement Bay Islands Medical Centre has closed it’s doors. A series of concerned residents have been venting their concerns on several Facebook groups. The first comment set the theme: “Does anyone know of a good doctor? I moved to Russell […] Continue reading
New bespoke Redlands Coast canoe and kayak pontoon now open Redland City Council has completed a new purpose built canoe and kayak launching pontoon at Raby Bay Esplanade Park, Ormiston. Redland City Mayor, Cr Karen Williams said the $600,000 pontoon construction project, opened today with the removal of bunting, […] Continue reading
Local practice receives the mark of quality as an accredited practice Macleay Island increased its community health credentials when Macleay Island Medical Centre received a national award of accreditation, demonstrating its commitment to quality and safety within its practice. Macleay Island Medical Centre received this important recognition from Australian […] Continue reading
On behalf of Senior Constable Carolyn Gregg and myself, we would like to wish all Bay Island residents a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year whether that would be on land or water. Enjoy the festive season but be safe…Continue reading
14 December 2017 Redlands Healthy & Active Program … coming to a park near you! Keep your eye out for Council’s upcoming physical activity program set to hit parks across the Redlands in the new year. Catering for residents aged 5 to 65+ years, the Redlands Healthy & Active Program […] Continue reading
Jetty jumping a leap of faith An incident involving a man leaping from the Coochiemudlo Island Jetty in recent months has sparked warnings that serious injuries can result. As the man jumped he hit the dock, dislocated his shoulder and was pulled unconscious from the water by local Surf Lifesaver […] Continue reading
Mayor seeks a share of $220M Mobile Black Spot funding Redland City Mayor Karen Williams has visited the Federal Government to lobby for improved mobile phone service as part of the Australian Government’s $220M black spot funding program. Cr Williams said Council had been lobbying the Federal Government for […] Continue reading
As the saying goes – a picture tells a thousand words. I was heading to the PA hospital this morning (the car wouldn’t start though), so I had time to snap this image in the ex spoil pit parking area. My question is simple, why is this a “no parking” […] Continue reading
Koala food tree and others icons at risk from vandalism Two significant, iconic trees, including a tier-one, high-value Koala food tree, have been vandalised by hacking, drilling, nailing, and poisoning, and Council is calling on anyone noticing suspicious behaviour to report it to Council or Crimestoppers immediately. Redland City Mayor, […] Continue reading
Council launches cyber respect campaign Redland City Councillors today took a unanimous stand against disrespectful online behaviour by publicly committing not to ‘sledge’ on social media, and encouraging others to do the same. Mayor Karen Williams said councillors today voted to support the development of a #pledgenot2sledge social media campaign […] Continue reading
- Divers encounter gigantic great white shark off Hawaii 18th January 2019A whale carcass draws a shark nearly 6 metres long and weighing in at 2.5 tonnes to a Hawaiian island, allowing divers to swim beside the predator and capture stunning photographs.
- Live: Australia takes on India in third ODI at the MCG 18th January 2019Australia is looking to claim its first ODI series victory in two years in the third and final clash with India at the MCG. Follow all the action in our live ScoreCentre.
- Mum wins 431km hill-running race in record time while expressing breast milk 18th January 2019British ultra runner Jasmin Paris becomes the first woman to win the 431-kilometre Montane Spine Race — all while expressing breast milk for her daughter at checkpoints along the way.
- Barty's Australian Open campaign gathers momentum with third-round victory 18th January 2019Ashleigh Barty wins again, putting aside an injury concern to make the Australian Open fourth round for the first time in her blossoming career.Luke Pentony
- Only 4pc of aged care providers have handed information to royal commission, inquiry hears 18th January 2019Out of almost 2,000 Australian aged care providers invited to shed light on the sector ahead of the royal commission into elder abuse, only 83 have been forthcoming with information, the inquiry hears in Adelaide.Candice Prosser
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.