SMBI Sunset Social
The launch event and island celebration, SMBI Sunset Social is next Sunday, 6 October on Karragarra 2:30-7:30pm.
For those on Facebook, keep up-to-date here:
Hope to see you all next weekend, it’s set to be a great family friendly event on beautiful Karragarra. Below is all the essential details. Feel free to share..
ART | WORKSHOPS | FOOD | PERFORMANCE
An event that celebrates all things SMBI plus the opportunity to pick-up the completed CULT-ure Map SMBI publication.
– Mama Juju & The Jam Tarts
– Homeless Yellow
– Gabe Phoenix Elvis Rising
– Tyne Sixstring
– Joe Geia Music and Art
– Andy Sharrock
WORKSHOPS & ART (All workshops are free) 2:30-4:30pm
– Lantern Making + No Sew T-shirt bags presented by: SMBI Families we are listening & Waste Wise Bay Islands
– Weaving Circle workshop
– Canaipa Mudlines interactive work
– Tree Plant Pouches Workshop
– Wellness Workshops presented by: SMBI Community Wellbeing
– Bush Tucker Tours with John Jones
– Digital animation by Sharon Jewell
– CULT-ure Map SMBI
– My Brother Came in a Train by: Debra Spence, illustrated by Kinga Rypinska (reading and colouring competition)
– Orgazmic Langos
– Karragarra Yacht Club Inc (Burgers + Drinks)
– Running Wild Youth Conservation Culture Inc (International Delights)
– Devonshire Teas
This falls on the Queen’s Birthday long weekend.
CULT-ure Map SMBI acknowledges that SMBI Sunset Social takes place on Quandamooka Country, the Traditional Custodians of this land and sea.
CULT-ure Map SMBI 4184 has received funding from The Regional Arts Development Fund, a Queensland Government and Redland City Council partnership to support local arts and culture.
Poster art: Sharon Jewell